Biomedical Masters

• 3 months later...
Did any of you current PA students do this program? Does anyone have any thoughts/ info?

Hello, I am in the biomedical masters program right now. Almost done, graduate in June. I did the two year program. I am applying to PA school this year. The program has definitely prepared me for professional school. You take your physiology class, which is probably going to be your hardest class with the PAs and it is a really good testament to what the PA classes are like. The program in no way a guarantees you to get into the professional schools at Midwestern, but if you need a GPA boost, or you have been out of school and need a good stepping stone before you go to professional school this program is the way to go. It allows you to network within AZCOM and the other professional programs which is awesome. The faculty in the Biomedical Science department are awesome and they have your back from day one.

Hope this helps,

If you have any more questions let me know!!

• 8 months later...
Hey aag! Thanks for your info- how did everything work out for you? Did you end up gaining admission into Midwestern's PA school? I've decided to give the MA in biomedical sciences a shot and am sending my app in this week. I really hope it works out. Good luck to you!

Hello! Good for you! The MA program is great. I was wait listed for the program and I got accepted to a school in GA that starts next week. I decided to head to GA. Just too risky to wait and see and I am really ready to be a PA. Good luck!!!!! Hope you get in. Please keep me updated and if you have any questions or need anything let me know!!!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for posting this! I am also interested in the Biomedical Masters program and was considering the two year route. Do you think it strengthened you as an applicant? I applied but did not get into PA school this year and I am hoping this would make me a stronger applicant. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Thanks for posting this! I am also interested in the Biomedical Masters program and was considering the two year route. Do you think it strengthened you as an applicant? I applied but did not get into PA school this year and I am hoping this would make me a stronger applicant. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Archived