MICHIGAN: EMU Inaugural Class of 2016

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't leave a voicemail!? Call them back! The pricing is rather disappointing. I think it would be amazing to be one of only 20 students in a brand-spanking-new facility with super enthusiastic faculty and staff living their dreams, but I'll save over $12k by going with WSU. 

I've been offered by EMU! I have a difficult choice to make, even considering the cost difference. There are some huge, huge pros for me at both programs, and some big cons at both, as well. ... There is a reason why Wayne State's cost is so much less than everywhere else, and I'm trying to discern if the cost is worth the headaches. ... 

The new facility should be nice, but if you've been accepted at school with a proven track record, logic dictates Eastern should be a back-up plan.  With Wayne State you have an excellent record, a medical campus adjacent to the largest collection of medical facilities in the state, and a very good reputation among area physicians.  Every program  states or implies they are outstanding, but without empirical evidence its difficult to judge. When you consider the cost comparison, I think the decision gets easier, unless you have some other compelling consideration you haven't mentioned.

I highly doubt anymore calls are going out.  My assumption would be that everyone was called on Monday which is why they gave 7 days for a decision to follow with their rejections in the first week of December as they stated in my interview.  I would think the only calls that will go out will possibly be to silent alternates in case some people choose to turn them down.  It's very disappointing I thought my interview went well, I have a pre-req gpa of 4.0, cum gpa 3.73, and over 25, 000 yes twenty-five thousand hours of direct patient and critical care and I did not get a call.  They stated the GRE scores played a very minimal role which my score could have been better.  To those that are still waiting good luck maybe you will be an alternate, everyone have a happy thanksgiving and merry christmas I am done checking these boards and waiting for my call will try again next year.

I was very fortunate to receive offers this cycle, but Eastern was not one of them.  I made the decision to commit elsewhere, but I was told today that they have not filled the spaces declined by others.  Having said that, I am sending them an email asking to remove me from the wait list to make room for someone else.  Best of luck to those waiting.

Archived