MICHIGAN: EMU Inaugural Class of 2016

Got my first email from the program today stating that interviews will take place in September and October.. and that all admissions statuses will be relayed to applicants no later than November 1! Any one else apply already??

Also-- CASPA has an error on their list, EMU does in fact have a supplemental application available on the website!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the admission requirements fulfilled email on August 22nd, but no news since then. I hope we hear something soon. I think it would be pretty cool to be in the first graduating class. At an informational session I attended they said they would only be accepting about 20 students their first year. Does anyone know if that still holds true?

@ osmium- yes they anticipate matriculating 20 with the first class, 30 with the second and 40 with the third; not sure they plan on taking more than 40 after the fact.. and I believe this is determined via the ARC-PA.. they give accreditation to programs for "x" number of students, so EMU doesn't have a choice at this point.

@alexishomicz- I completed my supplemental application on 7/10- I don't believe they use rolling admissions though, so don't start worrying too much, they probably haven't gotten to your application yet, from seeing everyone at the informational meetings and other students I've talked to, it sounds like they got a huge number of applications.. it looks like they're going to have a great program!

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed this morning! It was from 8a - 12p and consisted of a group interview between 5 applicants and 3 interviewers, 2 one-on-one interviews, a presentation, a tour, and a Q&A. It was very well organized and there weren't too many unexpected questions. Everyone was very friendly and I felt that all of the interviewers were keen on diffusing my nerves. :) They even provided snacks!

Greetings All!

I received my interview invitation on Tuesday evening.  I will be interviewing October 25th.  I recall that EMU's website said they were extending 60 interviews.  Osmium, did they allude to whether or not they stuck with that number?  Also, what was the interview format like with the group interview?  Was it leaning towards open forum questioning of candidates?  Or, was it specifically directed?

@cakolp They didn't speak on the exact number of interviews they would be extending, no. The group interview was specifically directed. The interviewees were given 2 questions to discuss and answer as a group. The interviewers only observed and asked followup questions as necessary. It was pretty low pressure and sort of fun. :) It was my first ever group interview so I'm not sure how it measures up against any "regular" format. 

I received the email at the end of August saying that my admissions requirements were approved and now they will be reviewing them in more detail. Reveived another email two weeks ago stating that interviews will be held in October and November, and that all applicates will be notified by November 1st if they get an interview, but haven't heard anything more yet....... I have my fingers crossed for an interview.

• 1 month later...

Archived