Sign in to follow this  
Alldaylong

Temporary License Limitation?

Hey I just got a temporary license and wanted to know if there's any limitations. The paperwork along with it states it's a full and active license, but there's no license number with it. However, it states that I should write "TEMPORARY" and include a photocopy of the temporay license.

Already having issues with NPI. For license number I wrote "TEMPORARY" as the Texas Physician Assistant Board temporay license sheet informed me to when prompted, but was not an accepted number/response.

Question is, is there going to be any problems with it as far as credentialing with hospitals, NPI, getting DPS/DEA numbers, etc??

you should reference your state law. it should be pretty easy to look this up online. I would refrain from obtaining important information from an online message forum. from what I remember I could not apply for the DEA until I had a real license. Credentialing should not matter much, but I guess every institution has its own policies. That process can take over 1-2 months at times so they may let you start the process regardless.

A little late, but I'll add this to the knowledge base:

You don't need a state license number to get an NPI.

On the website in the section that asks for your license number, leave it blank, hit save then continue, enter the other information and submit.

You'll get an NPI number shortly thereafter.

Just make sure that once you get your license, you return and update your information with the NPPES website.

Now, medicare/DEA are a different story and you will need your state license number.