Requirements for PA school

• 1 month later...

Which school if any accepts an associate degree in nursing? I've been a RN for 9 years.

There are a handful of programs left that don't require a bachelor's degree. These programs typically give you a certificate or bachelor's degree upon completion of the program. The MEDEX program in Washington State has this option. Keep in mind that you will still need to meet their pre-requisite coursework requirements, such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biology, Chemistry, etc. Many programs also require that these classes were taken within the last 5 years, so you will probably have to go back to school anyway to complete those. I know that many nursing programs have their own condensed science courses - these will most likely not be counted. The vast majority say that they need to be taken at the pre-med level.

Go here http://www.paeaonline.org/?ht=d/ContentDir/pid/255

Search for programs by state that award Certificates and Bachelor's degrees.

I was told last night at a session at the University of Utah PA program that by 2020 that all PA programs are required to be Master's level programs.

Archived