Interviews 2013!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got an interview invite today! I am so excited! This is a reach school for me because I was just short of 2000 hrs when I applied so I am very pleased with the invite!! I emailed back with my preference for dates and unfortunately the soonest date was filled so I am not until Nov 22. Seems like ages away! Anyone else scheduled for this date? And would anyone care to share their interview experience, please!?

And for those of you still waiting, don't give up hope, I think they're slowly filtering through apps.

• 2 weeks later...

@thinker123...My best advice (and I know this probably doesn't sound helpful) is to relax and be yourself. I found the admissions team to be wonderful people, really dedicated to getting to know who you really are and providing multiple opportunities to express yourself. Enjoy the day and the tour of the beautiful campus!

OK! I am confirmed to interview on October 2nd..anybody else going to be there then? I'm so excited!! :)

Hi ktcan:

I saw in another post that you were accepted by Medex and have decided to attend Medex. Congratulations! Did you hear back from OHSU regarding your Oct. 2 interview? I haven't seen any posts regarding acceptance to OHSU and was wondering what your experience has been since the interview. Thanks - P

I got my acceptance phone call yesterday from Ted!! I cannot wait to start the program :) Good luck everyone!

congrats, @thinker123 on your acceptance! That must feel amazing! Do you mind shedding some light on the interview experience? Even just like how it is arranged and how many people were in your group? This is my top choice, so I hope I have get this news in future too!!

Thanks @shonabty! Colleen includes the details of the interview in your interview invite and it is pretty much the exact layout of how the day goes. There were 8 of us total. There's a group interview, where they split you into groups of 4 with 5 interviewers. And then later, there is an individual interview. The process was incredibly relaxed and I was really impressed by the enthusiasm of both the staff members and the current first and second year students. You get multiple opportunities to interact with current students, which is helpful in terms of seeing what your life would be like in the program. Overall, the day was very relaxed and I felt very comfortable. You'll do great. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how they contact you if you didn't get an interview invite? Basically, I just want to know if they send rejections from the program via email. I submitted my supplemental on sept 12 and I haven't heard anything yet so I imagine I will not be invited for an interview :( I just wanted to know how I should expect to hear from them and maybe when?

I don't think you're out of the running yet. When my application was complete I received an email that stated: "During this very busy time for admissions, please allow 6-8 weeks for the committee to review your application.  You will be notified of their decision soon after their review is complete." If your application was complete on Sept. 12, eight weeks is Nov. 7, right? So, you have at least a few more days to remain hopeful!

I think they send rejected letters via regular mail, but I'm not sure. Good luck.

@lozzanc I submitted my application on CASPA Sept 19th and the supplemental app the day they sent it to me which was probably a few days after that and I just received my rejection letter via postal service today. Hopefully that helps you with your timeline. Don't worry about me though, I've already been accepted to one of my two top choice schools so I would have declined the interview invite had I received one. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to those who have been accepted!  I know they just made acceptance calls to those who recently interviewed last week.  Is there anyone still waiting for an interview invite? It's been over 8 weeks now and still no word either way (knock on wood as I haven't checked my home mailbox yet today).  It's confusing because I know applicants who unfortunately were rejected and their applications were received by OHSU around roughly the same date as mine.  Does anyone have any insight as to how many seats they have filled? And if they plan on another round of interviews, thank you!

Congrats to those who have been accepted! I know they just made acceptance calls to those who recently interviewed last week. Is there anyone still waiting for an interview invite? It's been over 8 weeks now and still no word either way (knock on wood as I haven't checked my home mailbox yet today). It's confusing because I know applicants who unfortunately were rejected and their applications were received by OHSU around roughly the same date as mine. Does anyone have any insight as to how many seats they have filled? And if they plan on another round of interviews, thank you!

Hey how do you know they called about acceptances for those who interviewed last wk?I interviewed 2 wks ago and they said they would review the remaining November interviews in the first week of December so I'm surprised they already made calls? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend who interviewed on 11-20 and he received an acceptance call yesterday morning. I'm not sure if there were more calls made. sorry for not being more specific. I'm sure they are still reviewing those who interviewed.

Aw ok that is disappointing news for me but congrats to your friend and good luck to you!

I didn't think they had interviews on 11-20. I interviewed on 11-22. They told us that it would be the second week of December. They said at that point that had only filled 9 seats of the 42 and done 7 interviews (half). However, it seems at all schools there are a few who get called immediately. Either way, we can infer all day long, but most likely we won't know what their doing :).

Archived