Brand New Innovative PA Program! Lake Erie College in Ohio

Hello, my name is Sean Kramer and I am the academic coordinator for a new PA program. I am excited to announce that Lake Erie College will matriculate its first group of students May 2014. Admissions are currently open and on CASPA.

Lake Erie College Physician Assistant Program

www.lec.edu/pa

Lake Erie College will award a masters of physician assistant sciences in an innovative, comprehensive 27 month program. We have an affiliation agreement with University Hospitals in Cleveland (#18 ranked US hospital by US News and World Reports). The program will feature early clinical experiences, problem based learning, module based format, student faculty ratio better than 8:1, and many other great opportunities.

Below is a list of admission requirements. The deadline for all information to be verified (by CASPA) is December 1st, 2013. I would highly suggest submitting before October 15th as it may take 4-6 weeks to verify.

Degree Requirements Prior to Admission

A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale is required for admissions. All required pre-requisite courses must be "B” or better with the exception of Organic Chemistry which must be "C”or better.

No grade of "B-" or "C-" will be accepted.

Academic Course Pre-Requisites

• Should be completed within last 7 years:
    • Human Anatomy & Physiology with lab (2 courses)
    • Microbiology with lab (1 course)
    • Genetics with lab (1 course)

• General Chemistry I and II with labs (1 course each)
    • Organic Chemistry with lab (1 course)
    • Biology I and II with labs (1 course each)
    • Statistics (1 course)
      • Note: Preference given to students with advanced statistics, biostatistics or health-related statistics courses

[*]Psychology (1 course)

• No Time Limit:
    • English to include communication or speech (2 courses)
    • College Algebra (1 course)

• Tested out during interviews:
    • Medical Terminology (course recommended)

Graduate Record Examination (GRE)

• GRE in last 5 years – no minimum score requirement

Students whose first language is not English must achieve:

• TOEFL: The current LEC graduate degree minimum required is a paper score of 600, a computer score of 250, or an internet score of 100.

Healthcare Experience Requirement

Applicants are required to complete a minimum of 250 hours observing or participating in the delivery of healthcare in a clinical environment.

At least 50 of the 250 hours must be from direct shadowing of a licensed Physician Assistant.

The Lake Erie College PA Program is not accredited at this time, but has entered the process to receive accreditation through Accreditation Review Commission for Physician Assistants, Higher Learning Commission, and Ohio Board of Regents.

Check out our website for more information, http://www.lec.edu/pa. If anyone has a question regarding the program or profession let me know!

All,

I had a question in regards to interviews. So I could fairly respond about this to everyone, I am posting it on the forum.

If you are granted an interview you will be notified. Upon acceptance of the interview you will be sent a packet that outlines your schedule of events for the day. There will be a medical terminology test out. I can not give any more details at this time.

Thank you,

• 9 months later...

For the genetics requirement would the program accept a microbial genetics course? It's a biology upper level elective (BSC 443).

Hello, my name is Sean Kramer and I am the academic coordinator for a new PA program. I am excited to announce that Lake Erie College will matriculate its first group of students May 2014. Admissions are currently open and on CASPA.

Lake Erie College Physician Assistant Program

www.lec.edu/pa

Lake Erie College will award a masters of physician assistant sciences in an innovative, comprehensive 27 month program. We have an affiliation agreement with University Hospitals in Cleveland (#18 ranked US hospital by US News and World Reports). The program will feature early clinical experiences, problem based learning, module based format, student faculty ratio better than 8:1, and many other great opportunities.

Below is a list of admission requirements. The deadline for all information to be verified (by CASPA) is December 1st, 2013. I would highly suggest submitting before October 15th as it may take 4-6 weeks to verify.

Degree Requirements Prior to Admission

A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale is required for admissions. All required pre-requisite courses must be "B” or better with the exception of Organic Chemistry which must be "C”or better.

No grade of "B-" or "C-" will be accepted.

Academic Course Pre-Requisites

• Should be completed within last 7 years:

• Human Anatomy & Physiology with lab (2 courses)
    • Microbiology with lab (1 course)
    • Genetics with lab (1 course)

• General Chemistry I and II with labs (1 course each)
    • Organic Chemistry with lab (1 course)
    • Biology I and II with labs (1 course each)
    • Statistics (1 course)
    • Note: Preference given to students with advanced statistics, biostatistics or health-related statistics courses
  • Psychology (1 course)

• No Time Limit:
  • English to include communication or speech (2 courses)
  • College Algebra (1 course)

• Tested out during interviews:
  • Medical Terminology (course recommended)
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)

• GRE in last 5 years – no minimum score requirement
Students whose first language is not English must achieve:

• TOEFL: The current LEC graduate degree minimum required is a paper score of 600, a computer score of 250, or an internet score of 100.

Healthcare Experience Requirement

Applicants are required to complete a minimum of 250 hours observing or participating in the delivery of healthcare in a clinical environment.

At least 50 of the 250 hours must be from direct shadowing of a licensed Physician Assistant.

The Lake Erie College PA Program is not accredited at this time, but has entered the process to receive accreditation through Accreditation Review Commission for Physician Assistants, Higher Learning Commission, and Ohio Board of Regents.

Check out our website for more information, http://www.lec.edu/pa. If anyone has a question regarding the program or profession let me know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Archived