CASPA 2013-2014 Cycle

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! Let's definitely all join the Facebook  Mercy class of 2016 group (or make one is one isn't already made) and discuss the room, board, roommate, and other PA program stuff :)

PS - I will absolutely be looking for roommate(s).

Hello class 2016.

My name is stephanie and I am class 2015.

First, congratulation to all of you who get accepted.

I am from philly and now I am living with two roommates but they are moving out by may 15.

I have very nice three bedroom apartment and it is only 10 min from school. 

This is three bedroom and three bathroom duplex and nice ocean view.

If you want to get review from internet, place name is sunset cove in country club road. it is condominium. 

Price for master bedroom is $900 and other room for $850 and utilities about $200.

This is little pricy but totally worth it. 

Anyone interested, please email me at sweetstephy73@hotmail.com

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

How was the online Biochem at UNE? I was thinking of taking it

It was certainly a tough class and there have been some complaints about the difficulty of the class on message boards. I thought professor LeClair was great and think most of the complaints are just sour grapes. I took it 16 years removed from my last chemistry class and did very well but I was interested in the material and put in the time required to do well. It's mostly memorizing pathways with some clinical stuff thrown in which is all covered in the lectures. There are two summative exams that are proctored and are challenging but only 10 percent of questions are from previous units. There are also two formative exams which aren't as bad. My suggestion would be to be proactive in communicating questions to dr LeClair. There is very little chemistry other than memorizing amino acid side chain properties, basic pH and pKa stuff, and enzyme kinetics. Dr LeClair also gives out very helpful study guides. If you have any other questions PM me on here.

Archived