2013-2014 Caspa Cycle: Interviews ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats tafiman! When did Lock Haven receive your application? I got a letter from them stating I would hear back within in four weeks. It has now been over four weeks and still no word:/ getting very anxious! 

I can tell you that the time between the "four weeks" email and my invitation was about two weeks. Maybe try to get in touch with them to see if there is any update? 

My CASPA was verified and sent on July 19th. On July 25th Lock Haven told me they would give me a response within 4 weeks. I got my interview invitation on September 26th... So yeah, don't take that 4 week promise too seriously. 

Congrats tafiman! When did Lock Haven receive your application? I got a letter from them stating I would hear back within in four weeks. It has now been over four weeks and still no word:/ getting very anxious! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I submitted my CASPA to Lock Haven on Sept 10 (it had already been verified in July), received a confirmation email from the program on Sept 13, and on Nov 4 received an email invitation to interview... which will be this Thursday Nov 4... it's my first interview with a program so I'm super nervous... especially about this "test of basic science knowledge" business. Should I be cramming general biology facts into my head before Thursday? Also, can anyone who interviewed tell me who exactly I will be interviewing with, and will it be individual or in groups with other applicants?

I submitted my CASPA to Lock Haven on Sept 10 (it had already been verified in July), received a confirmation email from the program on Sept 13, and on Nov 4 received an email invitation to interview... which will be this Thursday Nov 4... it's my first interview with a program so I'm super nervous... especially about this "test of basic science knowledge" business. Should I be cramming general biology facts into my head before Thursday? Also, can anyone who interviewed tell me who exactly I will be interviewing with, and will it be individual or in groups with other applicants?

For context, I'm in the program currently.  The test was sort of all over the place, if I remember correctly.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Just relax when you're taking it and try to think through whatever comes up.  Not sure if there is a great way to prepare for it.

You will interview with one or two faculty members (no way to know which of them) plus a current student or two (maybe me, who knows!).  My advice would be to relax and be yourself.  Don't try too desperately to impress, and don't be cocky.  Just try to be yourself and answer the questions honestly.  You received an interview because you're more or less qualified to be in the program, so the goal now is for the interviewers to figure out whether you're right for the program.  Just remember, having a good conversation with the faculty/students goes a long way.  So certainly be pleasant and humble.

Good luck.  You'll be fine.

For context, I'm in the program currently.  The test was sort of all over the place, if I remember correctly.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Just relax when you're taking it and try to think through whatever comes up.  Not sure if there is a great way to prepare for it.

You will interview with one or two faculty members (no way to know which of them) plus a current student or two (maybe me, who knows!).  My advice would be to relax and be yourself.  Don't try too desperately to impress, and don't be cocky.  Just try to be yourself and answer the questions honestly.  You received an interview because you're more or less qualified to be in the program, so the goal now is for the interviewers to figure out whether you're right for the program.  Just remember, having a good conversation with the faculty/students goes a long way.  So certainly be pleasant and humble.

Good luck.  You'll be fine.

Thank you so much for your advice and words of encouragement! They have certainly put me a bit more at ease. I am not really a pro when it comes to public speaking under pressure, so I will spend the next few days trying to put my thoughts and feelings about the PA profession and LHU's program into words. =)

Had my interview on Friday.  Received a thank you for interviewing email today, said I would need to wait until all interviews are complete in December to see if I am accepted or waitlisted.  Not sure this sounds too promising.  Is this a  "generic email" or interviewee specific? Any thoughts.  This was my first PA interview so not sure what to expect.

Archived