Interview for fall 2014 Bayshore campus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent my supplemental early in June as well and got the same email but haven't heard from them. I'm guessing they won't be offering interviews for a while since the deadline for Bayshore isn't until March and they have the other campuses to worry about.

I sent my supplemental early in June as well and got the same email but haven't heard from them. I'm guessing they won't be offering interviews for a while since the deadline for Bayshore isn't until March and they have the other campuses to worry about.

Ok thank you! and I saw that you have an interview with LIU this wed, so do I good luck!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I interviewed for Winthrop mid-November and was accepted about 2 weeks after my interview. They offered for me to defer my acceptance from Winthrop (program begins in January) and start with the Bayshore class in September. I decided to defer until September instead of rushing to find a house and buy books within a month's time. The interview was great. I felt at ease with the interviewers. Interview lasted about a half an hour. After the interview you complete a short writing sample and show yourself out of the building. Good luck to everyone, see you in September! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that. Bay shore is the only campus I applied to, planning on calling admissions tomorrow because I haven't heard anything from them regarding my supplemental application..

Ok. Let us know what they say.

I have an interview coming up with manhattan campus though.

When did you send in your supp. App.?

What are your stats?

Thanks.

I had an interview about two weeks ago for the bay shore campus and received an acceptance letter a couple of days ago. Good luck to everyone with their interviews.

I actually have an Interview today. How did your interview go? Any suggestions? How's the school and the program? Thankyou!!

Ok. Let us know what they say.

I have an interview coming up with manhattan campus though.

When did you send in your supp. App.?

What are your stats?

Thanks.

I emailed the admission's office this morning, they said they received my supplemental app. (mailed 1/24) and are waiting for my CASPA app. and once they get that they will be in touch. 

Stats: 

Undergrad Ed School: St. Joseph's College (B.S)

Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.5

Cumulative Science GPA: 3.4

Direct Patient Care: ED volunteer 100 hours, children's hospital volunteer (hematology/oncology & med. surg) about 600 hours

PA Shadowing: 40 hours in cardiology

Do you have an interview with bayshore campus?

i thought you had interview with manhattan campus..lol..

Good Luck!!

No I had it with bayshore I posted on wrong thread haha!

The interview wasn't bad. When you go there you wait and they take you upstairs. I was interviewed by two people. One was I think the admission coordinator and she was also a P.A, another girl was a graduate from Touro who was working as a P.A and I think she was also working at admissions I'm not sure. They had a 3 page packet and whenever I answered a question they would take notes  on their packet. They asked me many basic questions as well as few scenarios. (They know your Caspa application and even your essay so make sure you remember what you wrote in your application). They also asked me couple of questions from my transcript.

Anyways good luck to people who still have interviews coming up! If you have any additional questions you can always ask me :)

The interview wasn't bad. When you go there you wait and they take you upstairs. I was interviewed by two people. One was I think the admission coordinator and she was also a P.A, another girl was a graduate from Touro who was working as a P.A and I think she was also working at admissions I'm not sure. They had a 3 page packet and whenever I answered a question they would take notes  on their packet. They asked me many basic questions as well as few scenarios. (They know your Caspa application and even your essay so make sure you remember what you wrote in your application). They also asked me couple of questions from my transcript.

Anyways good luck to people who still have interviews coming up! If you have any additional questions you can always ask me :)

The interview wasn't bad. When you go there you wait and they take you upstairs. I was interviewed by two people. One was I think the admission coordinator and she was also a P.A, another girl was a graduate from Touro who was working as a P.A and I think she was also working at admissions I'm not sure. They had a 3 page packet and whenever I answered a question they would take notes on their packet. They asked me many basic questions as well as few scenarios. (They know your Caspa application and even your essay so make sure you remember what you wrote in your application). They also asked me couple of questions from my transcript.

Sounds like we may have been interviewed by the same people. I was so nervous up until the interview started. The way they conducted the interview though really put me at ease. For anyone with an upcoming interview, I would definitely make sure you have a very good answer to why you want to be a PA and can recite it in your sleep. There is also a YouTube video by a former touro PA student and he goes over many interview questions. I was the pretty much asked every one he went over

Sounds like we may have been interviewed by the same people. I was so nervous up until the interview started. The way they conducted the interview though really put me at ease. For anyone with an upcoming interview, I would definitely make sure you have a very good answer to why you want to be a PA and can recite it in your sleep. There is also a YouTube video by a former touro PA student and he goes over many interview questions. I was the pretty much asked every one he went over

Did you go for the interview yesterday (2/10/2014)??

I agree with PbagJones make sure you know WHY you want to be a P.A. As I was answering, they recited something from my essay and I was shocked because they know everything. You can clearly tell they have read your application thoroughly.

I felt embarrassed when I said something and one of the interviewers was like "That's necessarily not true" then she talked about her story. I thought that was the end but I was confident in my answers so don't feel nervous just respond calmly and confidently. They can tell everything from the way you speak and your facial expressions.

@Soniax26..hmm I'm not sure why they said that to you. I received an e-mail approximately 2 weeks ago for the interview yesterday. Who did you speak to?

Archived