Interview dates for Class of 2016

Guest paeducator

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently go to UT Austin, my gpa is 3.4 and my science gpa is a 3.5. I got a 159 verbal, 158 quantitative, and 5.5 writing on GRE. I have worked as a pharmacy tech for 3 years and have about 1000 hours of hands on experience working as a health screener. 

Honestly my interview I felt went awful. I left the campus expecting to get a rejection letter because I was so thrown off from the interview style. The meet and greet is where you get a chance to meet the students and faculty, so take advantage of it so they remember who you are, because on the interview day you have like 7 minutes to interview with each of them and its not a personal interview by any means. The interview process for me was fun, but still very stressful and very much like speed dating. Don't get caught up on wondering how you are doing, just go to the next interview as if it is your very first one. I seriously screwed up on two pretty bad, but you just have to push it out of your mind and start fresh for the next one. Also, if you are interviewing, that is all that matters at that point. I don't think they look at your GRE, gpa, or any stats once your there, you get scored only on how you interview, so the opportunity is there!! Be able to think on your feet and communicate clearly and effectively! 

With all of that said, I wish all of you the best of luck and hopefully you all do great! Keep an open mind, because as I said, I was definitely not thinking that I would get a phone call any time soon or at all! Hope this helps!

Archived