Thomas Jefferson PA Program (Philadelphia)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Just want to remind people who have decided to attend TJU, we have a facebook page for our class. You need your Jeff email to join.

Also, I spoke to Niki and TJU will send out a packet of information and a big checklist after January 1st. 

Good luck to all the people who are interviewing!

Hey everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted. I was accepted as well and plan to attend Jeff next year! I'm really excited :) I tried to look for the facebook group but I'm not able to find it. I also don't have a Jeff e-mail still. I got my pin and key but not sure what my Jeff email would be. Let me know how I can join the facebook group!

~Fareeha

Congrats! You will need a Jeff email in order to join the FB group. I know J. Tineo was super helpful with the link.

Thanks for the update about the packet info!

Does anyone know a start date? Beginning of May....late May? If any current students remember their start date? I would appreciate it :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I will be part of the jefferson pa class 2017! Having difficulty getting my Jeff email to work. Password isn't working. The IT dept is working on correcting the error. Hopefully Im not missing any imperative information while they fix my account. I also cannot find the fb group! Looking forward to meeting fellow classmates in May!!

• 3 months later...

Hello, I was wondering if anyone accepted would be willing to share their stats? I'm applying for the upcoming cycle. I know they don't require healthcare hours but that also makes your application more competitive, and something I'm lacking. I have 3.52 cumulative GPA, 200 shadowing hours, and 525 hours of clinical experience as a medical technologist ( no patient care). I will be graduating in May. Any advice?

I'm 4 years out from undergrad, 3.6 GPA, 200 shadowing hours, 300 volunteer hours in medical setting and otherwise, EMT certified, 2 years of medical assistant employment. I think there are a few people in our class who are right out of undergrad who might be able to give you some more info on their stats. I would always advise to try to get some hands on patient care hours, my EMT course took 6 weeks and allowed me that opportunity. Even if Jeff doesn't require hands on, most other schools will and there's a pretty big emphasis on it.

I graduated last year with my BS in Exercise Science. My sGPA is 3.78, cGPA is 3.64. At the time I applied, I had 200 hours of shadowing, 80 in cardiac rehab setting, 240 in outpatient PT internship, and 900 as an exercise physiologist. It's about the whole picture for sure, I was president of my majors club for two years, volunteered at many events, ect. You should focus on your patient care hours, hands on experience is a must. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone I applied this cycle too. My stats are:

BS in Public Health cGPA:3.32, sGPA:3.28

HC 800as a Patient care tech and 1025 as a Spanish Medical interpreter.

Shadow:  5 PAs around 92 hours and I volunteer 195 hours.

I took a tour 2 weeks ago at TJU and the person given the tour told me that it will 2 weeks to send the supplemental application. So hopefully by this week. Good luck to everyone! :)

I just received this from TJU, 

Thank you for your application for admission to the Physician Assistant Studies program at Jefferson School of Health Professions.

We understand that you have been waiting for instructions on completing the Supplemental Application. At this time the application is not yet ready to be sent out. As soon as it is available the instructions will be sent to the email associated wity your CASPA application. 

If you have any questipns please do not hesitate to let our office know. 

Regards, 

I believe we will get soon the supplemental application.

Archived