Thomas Jefferson PA Program (Philadelphia)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A member of the inaugural class here.

Some of us got accepted within days-weeks of the interview. I know a few who got off the wait-list in January-March and one who even interviewed in March because he didn't see the interview email! Another girl in our program got off the wait list merely 6 days before we started classes in May. It's all about who secures the spot and their final school decision once they've heard from all of their schools in the spring. Hang tight!

Best of luck. We look forward to meeting those who were accepted for the next class when you come in May!

Hello all

I interviewed last Monday on National PA day, Got my email this morning and am very excited. Cant wait to meet all the current students and my fellow class mates. any of the current or future students start a Facebook group yet. If any Pre-PA students have any questions please feel free to Message me anytime.

Hello all

I interviewed last Monday on National PA day, Got my email this morning and am very excited. Cant wait to meet all the current students and my fellow class mates. any of the current or future students start a Facebook group yet. If any Pre-PA students have any questions please feel free to Message me anytime.

Congrats J.Tineo! I was accepted as well. I have not seen anyone create a FB group for the next class. If anyone creates/ finds one, please let me know! I am super excited to meet everyone :)

Congratulations! Do you mind posting your stats?

Sure

Overall GPA 3.48

Science GPA 3.01

Direct hours: 8000

volunteer hours: 150

research hours: 120

although my grades where lower than many chemistry always seemed to keep me down, I had a lot of experience. I was an Army medic which I believe helped me a lot. 

for all those that are on the lower end of the requirements realize it is not just about the numbers. I made it a point to network with a lot of PAs that led to great relationships. I was president of my university's pre-pa club, president of the International student organization @FAU. I was also very involved in my state PA academy, I was a member of the Pre-PA committee, member of the political action committee, member of the legislative days delegation, and presented a caspa workshop at the annual conference. 

Remember you are looked at as a whole and it is not just about your stats.

Hey guys, Anyone here a member of the first class? what is the program like? How are the classes with the program being so new? Does the program feel thrown together because its new or is it well done because it is at such a reputable medical school? Thanks for the help!

The eight post from the bottom on this page http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/index.php?/topic/10483-thomas-jefferson-pa-program-philadelphia/page-4 might help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I was accepted in early October! I loved the school and program. Just curious as to anyone that has been accepted if they got a packet or further directions in the mail? I sent my deposit $$ and have Jefferson credentials now ( key, email etc.) but was wondering if we get anything further for instructions on how to proceed!

Congrats all and good luck to those interviewing!!

Hi all! 

I interviewed on Monday and received my acceptance email this morning!!! I am so excited to start! This was my number one school, so I am going to accept and send my deposit in asap.

My stats

cGPA 3.61

sGPA 3.68

BS in Exercise Science

1000 hours as an Exercise Physiologist at a PT clinic, 750 paid, 240 from an internship. Plus 200 hours of shadowing PAs.

I did a lot of volunteering and extracurricular activities at Bloomsburg, president of the exercise science club for two years, help with research studies, ect.

I also have a unique background where I did not have a good high school education and had to work my way back up to the level of my peers when I started at community college. Also I was very overweight and lost about 80 pounds. Both huge obstacles that I had to overcome. 

I can't believe it!

Hey guys! I was accepted in early October! I loved the school and program. Just curious as to anyone that has been accepted if they got a packet or further directions in the mail? I sent my deposit $$ and have Jefferson credentials now ( key, email etc.) but was wondering if we get anything further for instructions on how to proceed!

Congrats all and good luck to those interviewing!!

Im in the same boat, have everything but did not get any further instructions. and am not sure how to start the financial aid process, or the background check, and clearances.

Hello All,

to all those that have been accepted and know they will be attending JEFF please feel free to join the Facebook page I created. facebook.com/groups/JeffersonPAclassof2017 or search for Thomas Jefferson University Physician Assistant Class of 2017

and remember "its dangerous to go alone"

Hi everyone, congrats on all the acceptances! I went to the first interview session and received my acceptance 2 weeks later. Since then, I've sent in my deposit to secure my spot, and I'm very excited about the prospect of attending TJU. However, it's still very early in the interview/acceptance cycle, and I'm still waiting to hear back from a ton of other Philly schools. For those of you with TJU as your top pick, would you mind sharing your reasons? How does its reputation as an institution compare to the other Philly schools (PCOM, Drexel, etc). Thank you!

Hi everyone, congrats on all the acceptances! I went to the first interview session and received my acceptance 2 weeks later. Since then, I've sent in my deposit to secure my spot, and I'm very excited about the prospect of attending TJU. However, it's still very early in the interview/acceptance cycle, and I'm still waiting to hear back from a ton of other Philly schools. For those of you with TJU as your top pick, would you mind sharing your reasons? How does its reputation as an institution compare to the other Philly schools (PCOM, Drexel, etc). Thank you!

being from out of state It was a hard choice for me to choose jefferson, but it had so many great things that I couldn't pass up the chance. First of all Jefferson has a huge history and reputation when it comes to medicine, it is affiliated with a great hospital which is right next door. Second the resources that jefferson has, a 24 hour library that is dedicated to healthcare, with all kinds of models and study material available; the various study areas available including the group study rooms, which will be an integral part of being successful in class. Also the access that one has to the cadaver labs, with dissection being an important part of the curriculum, and being able to have access when needed. Finally the location of jefferson was a very strong point, with many restaurants and a couple bars, within walking distance it is nice to have good places to eat and a place to go after we have a hard exam.

I agree with J.Tineo, I have lived in the suburbs my whole life. Just 40 minutes from TJU and the reputation they have is amazing. Everything is brand new over there since the program is new. Everything is close and easily accessed. Many of the practicing physicians will be teaching the classes as well.

J.Tineo, I couldn't find the facebook page anywhere. I found their first class, but not our class.

Are all the spots filled ? I applied mid September and no word yet ! Don't know if it's normal ..anyone else in the same situation .. I am starting to get worried .. I don't have a single reply from any school I applied to and I applied to 15 schools

Hey mickey008 im not sure if all the slots are filled I interviewed at the beginning of October, and I asked how many slots where available and was told that about half of the seats had gone out but not all of them had been accepted. I applied to JEFF in july and got an interview in september. Not sure where they are now but hang in there and even a waitlist invite is worth wild.

@pa8826 & J. Tineo (and other accepted students),

Don't worry, the instructions and paperwork will be on the way, if you haven't already gotten it. Make sure you get set up with your campus key so that you can access your Jeff email. You should receive instructions on how to do this in your personal email. All other correspondence will go through your Jeff email, so it's important that you check it frequently. By the end of November/December you will get instructions on how to complete all of the health related forms and the background check/fingerprinting. My best advice: DO THIS EARLY and don't wait until the month before school starts to try and get it all done. It takes FOREVER to get all of the paperwork together and to get all of the appropriate clearances so that you can start in May. The FBI background alone can take up to three months (sometimes more) to come back, so don't wait!!! You should also get information on how to apply for financial aid in your Jeff email as well (which is about 1000 times easier than the clearances, go figure). PM me with questions and I'll help if I can!

Archived