Thomas Jefferson PA Program (Philadelphia)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jefferson's program is brand new and the first class won't matriculate until next summer, so there aren't any concrete statistics yet. At my interview I believe they said they had received around 1700 applications and they were going to be accepting 25 to 30. There aren't any gpa stats yet since they are still interviewing and making their first selections. I didn't hear them say anything about looking for a specific gpa, though I'm sure it would need to be 3.0 or above. There may be a cut-off listed on the website. Hope that helps.

I think so, but am still waiting to hear from one other school that I really liked as well. You?

I'm not sure yet, I have another interview in November so I'm going to wait until then.  I called in today to talk to Niki and she said that they are electronically going to mail us everything within 2 weeks. We have 2 weeks after the email to deposit the money.  Since I have another interview in November, I'll just have to deposit my money here and see from there.

I'm not sure yet, I have another interview in November so I'm going to wait until then.  I called in today to talk to Niki and she said that they are electronically going to mail us everything within 2 weeks. We have 2 weeks after the email to deposit the money.  Since I have another interview in November, I'll just have to deposit my money here and see from there.

Oh it is coming electronically?  I have been checking my mail everyday and was starting to get really nervous that I hadn't received anything yet!  Phew!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those of you who were accepted, did you complete a supplemental application prior to your interview? Prior to your acceptance?

I have been extremely disappointed in how Jefferson has run their admissions process. I heard recently that the entire class was filled in early to mid-October. I was not sent a supplemental application until AFTER the class was filled. Glad I paid the fee for nothing. I hope they use all the money they took from supplementals to hire a more competent admissions staff....

For those of you who were accepted, did you complete a supplemental application prior to your interview? Prior to your acceptance?

I have been extremely disappointed in how Jefferson has run their admissions process. I heard recently that the entire class was filled in early to mid-October. I was not sent a supplemental application until AFTER the class was filled. Glad I paid the fee for nothing. I hope they use all the money they took from supplementals to hire a more competent admissions staff....

I was in the last group and got an email with a fee request right before the interview. Glad I ignored it after the website was down on the first day. During the interview I asked the guy how many seats were left and he told me the class was full. Thanks for telling me that and making me drive 2200 miles to interview for nothing. Booo!!!

This really suck and in my opinion unacceptable that this program is operating in this manner. It sounds as if they are taking advantage of applicants and leaving them on a vulnerable position. Considering the stress and cost associated with this journey, this poor management is the last thing any program should give us, it is better to be upfront thrustful to applicant.

I already plan on demanding a refund of my money, and will be calling the accreditation people today. It is completely ridiculous that one of the best medical schools in the country cannot get their PA program act together. They are stealing money from hopeful students and not following through with the outlined application procedures of the program (a supplemental application is required for admission, yet students were clearly offered seats without completing the supplemental application).

Applying to PA school is already super stressful and expensive, we don't need programs like Jefferson taking our money and bending the rules for some students!

Archived