Thomas Jefferson PA Program (Philadelphia)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KRJames

Yes I second that class profile question. I am really interested in this program and I can't find any class stats anywhere in all of my research to give me a gauge.

Guest KRJames

Sure I'll share, but I dont know how helpful it will be to you because I am not appying this cycle, just super excited/getting prepared. I have an excel sheet I keep track of everything about the top 20 programs I picked after long tedious research. At present, Thomas Jefferson is at #10, but the list is fluid.

So I'm still actively in school and not applying this cycle, but at present:

Cumulative GPA:   3.48

Science GPA:   3.93

Major: Nursing    

ALL my pre-reqs are done, I have 114 credit hours, just nursing classes and any bonus electives I pick up along the way left

HCE: 1300 hours as a CNA on a hospital medical floor (and counting, still active), will have nursing hours too when I apply

Guest KRJames

Thanks! Good luck to you too! This is my second year following everyone applying on PA forum. I really empathize with everyone's ups and downs, waits and anxiety, joy and dismay. So I really do mean good luck to you and I hope to read an acceptance post by you this cycle on one of the threads!

My stats are listed below for those curious about accepted student stats:

AAS Paramedic Technology

BS Healthcare Administration

MBA Concentration in Management Information System

Cumulative GPA: 4.0

sGPA: 4.0

Graduate GPA: 3.7

Experience: 5 years FT/Paid EMT-B, 10 years FT/Paid Paramedic

Shadowing: 0 hours

***Disclaimer: these are my stats, but these are NOT the norm for my class, so don't stress when you read them! My class is very diverse, both in terms of GPA and experience level. Very few of us are at the top end in both categories, and most people are a combination. (A few are very experienced, a few have stellar GPA's, and most are in-between). GPA for my classmates runs anywhere from 3.3 or so to 4.0, but most are around a 3.5. The majority of my class is relatively young and there are only a few of us with extensive patient care experience. Judging by the make-up of my class, the adcom is really looking for a range of people, and I think that it came down to who stood out at the interviews. Also, I should add that having 0 hours of shadowing was definitely not the norm for my class. Most of my classmates spent a fair amount of time shadowing and in my interview I had to explain why I didn't have any shadowing hours. Hope this helps!

@meowmeow, it was a statement we had to read, it was on the lefthand side of the screen, and you had to check "yes" or "no response." It was the last long statement, followed by two simple questions, like "when was your CASPA submitted?" (in this case, I listed two dates, when it was submitted and when it was verified)

Archived