Class of 2016

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I was surprised! I actually emailed them about the photo because there were no instructions associated with it, only "upload a photo." My boyfriend said I should have just uploaded a picture of our cat. xD I also thought UT's information session was super inviting! Really hoping for an interview! Good luck everyone!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was there an extra prereq sheet to fill out aside from CASPA and the supplemental that is accessed through caspa --> my programs ?? I read somewhere there was an additional prereq form to complete. It may have been from a few years back.. but we can't be too careful with these apps! Please let me know if I'm missing anything aside from caspa and the supplemental accessed through caspa. Thanks!!

thanks everyone. I was just a little paranoid.. I ended up getting an email today saying that my application is being reviewed so I assume everything is correct. @knic, thats why I was confused because on the website they mentioned to do the supplemental, and the prereq form. Again, thanks a lot and good luck everyone! :)

Hey guys! Received an email earlier this morning stating this:

"Hello,

This is an update on the UT PA Program Admission Cycle.

At this time we are reviewing your application. With over 900 applications this cycle, this process is lengthy.

We interview in January and February of 2014 and will begin scheduling these interviews in late December.

Thank you

University of Toledo Physician Assistant Program Admission Committee"

Looks like people will be receiving news in December after all! Best of luck to everyone :)

I read in a previous thread that the school interviewed 249 applicants last year; this is in agreement with their PA site which states they conducted a little over 200 interviews.

As far as acceptances go, they said:

1. Acceptance: Candidates with the highest scores (based upon the candidate's completed CASPA application and interviews) will be recommended to the UT College of Graduate Studies for acceptance. The number of candidates recommended for acceptance will be determined annually by the PA Program class size. For the academic year starting in August, the program expects to accept 45 students. Following interviews, candidates are informed of acceptance in March.

so from 900 applicants, narrowed down to ~250 interviews, even further narrowed down to 45 acceptances... seems like a tight fit. I'm not sure how competitive I am with those odds, especially since I'm out of state. :/

I got the same email too. I agree, they sure don't accept many people compared to the number of applicants. It's a really nice school, was going to transfer to UT as an undergrad to increase my chances of getting accepted into their PA program, but the out of state cost was too high.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived