How do you like the three year curriculum? I saw that you get the first summer off and then you go straight through for the next two years... I am applying to a lot of schools that are straight 24 month programs and I am unsure about the three year curriculum, not only because of cost, but because I want to finish up as soon as possible. But I also know it is a lot of information to learn in two years... Cost is another big issue... How expensive is your tuition going to be? I have to pay through loans so I am nervous about paying for housing in the Boston area (YIKES, anywhere you would recommend to look?) and the very expensive tuition. 

I can't say too much on the 3 years yet because I'm only a first year, but so far the program is noticeably more manageable than what my friends in other programs are saying. We still have tons of work, at least one exam a week, but I'm able to really study and learn the material to excel in the classes. I have a job still lined up from my year off that I'm going to work at over the summer and I also wanted to do some travelling so I'm looking forward to the summer break. My brain will definitely need it!

Tuition is expensive, but they all are. It would be unusual (impossible?) to find a program where no one is on loans. City life is obviously not cheap, but we make it work. Being in the program, you have 99 people who are in the same boat as you so no one is looking to go out for extravagant dinners or anything. For me, I knew wanted to be in the city, particularly Boston, so I just sort of accepted that I was going to be a broke grad student for a few years. Boston is top notch for medical care, we had guest lecturer last week call it a "medical mecca" and theres always something (free!) going on somewhere in the city, and it takes little effort to participate. With such a busy schedule, the convenience is nice. 

For places to live.. MCPHS is in the Longwood Medical Area, sandwiched on either side by Mission Hill and Brookline which are the two neighborhoods in which the large majority of students live. Hope this helps!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got an "acceptance" packet to their certificate program, where, once completed, with a GPA of 3.2, I am guaranteed an interview next cycle- anyone else get this in the mail?

Is this for the PA program or for the 4 year program at MCP where you get your BS and then apply to their Pa program? If it's for the PA program that starts in the fall, when did you interciew? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

it's for a certificate program that is one year of just online "clinical health sciences" which ended up being BioI&II, chem I&II, micro etc... once I finish that I am guaranteed an interview for the following year.  I didn't interview at all.  Weird huh?

I received the same offer. Did they advise you which courses you would be required to take over the two semesters?

I am interviewing 11/21. I had not heard about a writing portion at all so I'm curious about learning more about that. Any idea how much the deposit is if accepted? I am also interested in how the tuition is charged since the program length and breaks are different from the "usual" programs I have researched.

Hey I am being interviewed on 11/21 too.. I am excited but at same time nervous!!! Did you hear back on the writing portion.. And do you anything about the transportation services around to and from the airport or motels!! 

Hey I am being interviewed on 11/21 too.. I am excited but at same time nervous!!! Did you hear back on the writing portion.. And do you anything about the transportation services around to and from the airport or motels!!

I'm from Boston and also interviewed at

MCP last month. I can't tell you what the writing portion is but I will tell you that there's no need to prepare. It's not a difficult question. I promise it's not bad! As for transportation... Well this is the worst city in the world in regards to transit! You can take the T (our subway) from the airport (the line from the airport is called the silver line... And it's technically a bus!). But most likely you'll have to make a couple of transfers. Our subway system is confusing, and the line that runs to MCP (the green line) is the most confusing (there are 4 different green lines). I'd suggest a cab from the airport, and then again to the school. What hotel are you staying at? I can tell you how close it is. Cabs are pricier but you'll save yourself the aggravation and anxiety of the t! We had a few kids run late for my interview because the green line was delayed. MCP is super understanding but it's better to be early I think! I'm a Bostonian and I work in the Longwood area (the medical district right down the street from MCP) so mj happy to answer any questions! Just PM me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

lol just went over the interview confirmation for tomorrow… 11/14 … apparently it is the longest damn interview ever from 9-5… I am assuming a long waiting time…-_____- 

Hey I hope your interview went well today!! Sorry kinda couldnt reply earlier but good luck for future.. How was ur interview??

@patrobe13 and @israa … yeah I interviewed today!  I think it went really well, but I'm not too concerned, can't dwell on the past too much when its already over!  Just playing the waiting game now.  

I have to say this was the largest interview I attended-- 40 people in total.  It was from 9 am to about 3 pm.  The campus is amazing, and the students are very nice.  My only concern with the program is that it is a three year program-- also a very large class size.  

Just relax for the interview it was really easy to talk to the faculty members there, since there are so many students interviewing it might be hard to calm your nerves.  I felt like a lot of people were nervous today while I just went with the flow, so try to drown out the "noise".  I had 3 separate interviews that lasted about 10 minutes each.  Its just a conversation, they don't try to intimidate you or interrogate you, so just relax!  I would prepare a little, but just know why you want to be a PA and "tell us about yourself".  When I say "prepare" just be able to articulate it clearly and in an organized manner-- don't sound flustered since you only have 5-10 minutes per interview.  Maybe practice with a notecard and make important bullet points to mention, but keep it short!  No tricky questions, nothing about "what animal you would be", etc.  

As for the rest of the day, it was average.  We spent like 45 minutes just watching an "online" lecture on genetics-- which for me was a complete turn off since I am not there to watch a lecture.  I hope no one from admissions is seeing what I type on here… but its not like any of us are paying attention when we have an interview later that day lol. I think it just made people or antsy since you feel obligated to just stare at a screen with words on it.  I just hope this school isn't changing to more online based lectures cause I need human interaction!  I'd ask them about that, I forgot to.  

You get ample time with the students though who were really nice, and genuine.  However take it all with a grain of salt, no matter what school you go to everyone is trying to sell it to you, even the students.  Hope this helps guys, be proud of the interview opportunity and good luck!… I know its cliche but just be yourself, but prepare a little.  Don't worry too much cause its not something you ultimately have control over… make sure to smile too.  Just think of the free lunch you get hah.  

Archived