• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Jenny- I interview here on Nov 14 as well. You interviewed at Hofstra too, I did as well.. Is this your first choice?

My stats: 3.8 overall GPA, 3.6 science GPA

Biology major, Chemistry minor class of 2013...

~100 hours of PA shadowing (split between primary care and surgical PAs)

~2 summers of student internship at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Cardiac Surgery Research lab

~published case report in Annals of Thoracic Surgery

~currently working as a research/lab/vet tech at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Cardiology-Electrophysiology

Just FYI I was rejected from Rutgers/UMDNJ and have not heard back from Hofstra, which I interviewed at on 9/30

Jenny- I interview here on Nov 14 as well. You interviewed at Hofstra too, I did as well.. Is this your first choice?

My stats: 3.8 overall GPA, 3.6 science GPA

Biology major, Chemistry minor class of 2013...

~100 hours of PA shadowing (split between primary care and surgical PAs)

~2 summers of student internship at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Cardiac Surgery Research lab

~published case report in Annals of Thoracic Surgery

~currently working as a research/lab/vet tech at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Cardiology-Electrophysiology

Just FYI I was rejected from Rutgers/UMDNJ and have not heard back from Hofstra, which I interviewed at on 9/30

Boston is my first choice.  How about you?  I actually applied to Rutgers as well but I haven't heard back from them for awhile.

Both science and overall GPA: 3.83

Health Science major

~500 hours of volunteer experience at an OB/GYN clinic

~100 hours of shadowing experience

1.5 years of research experience in an Environmental Microbiology Lab

I also do community service as well

Boston is my first choice.  How about you?  I actually applied to Rutgers as well but I haven't heard back from them for awhile.

Both science and overall GPA: 3.83

Health Science major

~500 hours of volunteer experience at an OB/GYN clinic

~100 hours of shadowing experience

1.5 years of research experience in an Environmental Microbiology Lab

I also do community service as well

Boston is my first choice as well, but I still would like to get in to other schools... are you interviewing anywhere else? I have one more interview at Saint Francis University on Monday... but that's all the interviews I have set up..  so hopefully I get in somewhere.

Adinajcho,

I'm in the same boat as you. I submitted my CASPA on 7/17 and still waiting. This is by far my favorite school and i'm hoping we'll both get an interview. I am re-applicant. I got waitlisted for interview last year and was on it until March :(((

Hopefully I have more luck this year!!

Good luck to all applicants still waiting to hear back.

Same here, Ejsmith. I left a message the other day and heard back from the school on the following day. My interview is scheduled for October 10th! Best of luck to everyone on your own interviews, and I'm sure we will all be hearing back soon.

Hey Patrick! I met you at the interview! (I was the one who asked about your name... Sitting in front of you!). I just wanted to say hi and I hope your interview went well! It was great meeting you! -Emily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hey Patrick! I met you at the interview! (I was the one who asked about your name... Sitting in front of you!). I just wanted to say hi and I hope your interview went well! It was great meeting you! -Emily

Hi! Yes I think it went pretty well. And my name is always a fun topic of discussion! I hope that yours went well too, and that I'll see you in the fall (after we endure the painful waiting game).

Is anyone interviewing 12/12? And does anyone have any advice for their interviews? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! :)

I interviewed on 10/10. I know this is a cliche, but just be yourself and relax. I was so impressed with MCPHS. Everyone from the admissions director down to the students we talked to seem to love what they're doing. It's a very relaxed day. You'll listen to a lot of info about the program and meet current students. The interviews themselves are as quick and painless as you can imagine. Everyone is so nice and there's such a relaxed atmosphere throughout. Don't over prepare anything. Just know why you want to be there and talk about it. Good luck! You'll be fine.

Hi, I think I submitted my supplemental end of August, sometime. I'm not sure about the exact date. I just heard back from them this past week about interviews. They said they have a few spots still open, so hope you hear back soon. 

Hi @pd03, when did you submit your supplemental and when did you hear from them regarding interview if you don't mind me asking?

Interview on 11/14 as well!   See you there guys!  I already had an interview on october 3rd at another school.  The one thing I stress is to just BE YOURSELF.  Honestly I spent a bit of time preparing for my first interview but I shouldnt have.  Just be you!  They want to see if the person they think you are from your application is the actual you!

Hey guys! I'm a current student, and former stalker of this forum, just wanted to stop by to try and answer any questions you might have about the interview process/program itself. Good luck to those of you who have applied/interviewed and for those of you patiently awaiting your interviews, the key really is to relax! They're just trying to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit for the program. So have a few jokes up your sleeve, and get ready for a long day (and a grueling wait for the mail!)

Hey guys! I'm a current student, and former stalker of this forum, just wanted to stop by to try and answer any questions you might have about the interview process/program itself. Good luck to those of you who have applied/interviewed and for those of you patiently awaiting your interviews, the key really is to relax! They're just trying to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit for the program. So have a few jokes up your sleeve, and get ready for a long day (and a grueling wait for the mail!)

Thanks!! Grueling wait for the mail huh?? How grueling we talkin here?? It's been a couple weeks and I'm crawling out of my skin with anticipation! Loved the program and loved the students I met at the interview day! Thanks again!!

Thanks!! Grueling wait for the mail huh?? How grueling we talkin here?? It's been a couple weeks and I'm crawling out of my skin with anticipation! Loved the program and loved the students I met at the interview day! Thanks again!!

I think I got my acceptance about 3 weeks after I interviewed. They interview through early March so it can be a long wait!

How do you like the three year curriculum? I saw that you get the first summer off and then you go straight through for the next two years... I am applying to a lot of schools that are straight 24 month programs and I am unsure about the three year curriculum, not only because of cost, but because I want to finish up as soon as possible. But I also know it is a lot of information to learn in two years... Cost is another big issue... How expensive is your tuition going to be? I have to pay through loans so I am nervous about paying for housing in the Boston area (YIKES, anywhere you would recommend to look?) and the very expensive tuition. 

I am interviewing 11/21. I had not heard about a writing portion at all so I'm curious about learning more about that. Any idea how much the deposit is if accepted? I am also interested in how the tuition is charged since the program length and breaks are different from the "usual" programs I have researched.

Archived