Secondary application

Hey everyone my name is Joe and I have been following on here for awhile but have just created a username now so I could join in on the conversations.  I interviewed on 10/1 and was invited to complete the secondary application and I; like everyone else waiting "patiently" if you can even say that (hahaha)...undoubtedly very difficult for us all.  I think we just need to try and stay positive and hope we will hear some good news very soon!!

I wanted to ask Akbynum if you were checking the application page for your status or if you were checking the Graduate Studies Application Checklist, which was the link given in the e-mail confirming the reciept of our Secondary Applications or if you are looking at the actual Secondary Application?  For me the Secondary application states that my application has been "submitted" and on the graduate studies application checklist it states that "your application is complete and is currently under review". 

I agree with Julie Marie and Remster that if you are concerned contact April.  I had the same problem as Remster where I submitted my application and never got the confirmation e-mail.  I contacted April and she was very helpful in getting me in touch with the right people to correct the issue.  So I am sure that she would be more than willing to help you out with any questions you may have.

Good luck to everyone and here is to hoping for some good news soon!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JoePAC, you make a really good point. I was also referring to the checklist that was emailed to us as a link. When I look up my actually secondary application, it simply says "submitted." But the Graduate Studies Application Checklist says "complete and currently under review."

Hey everyone, just like Akbynum my application still says "submitted" in the actual Graduate Studies site, where we were directed to fill out the secondary.  So I'm assuming ALL of ours is the same on this site? However on the checklist application site we were emailed, mine does not say "complete and currently under review".  It still has my transcripts and LORs on there which are checked marked green, but no indication that it is "complete".  I just emailed April regarding this and will keep you posted on what she says. 

Thanks for all of the responses, I appreciate it!!

I was looking at the secondary application website which says "submitted" and the link that was provided in the secondary application confirmation email shows that all of my LOR's and transcripts have been received (green check marks) but there is no area that says "complete and currently under review." Sounds like @RoadRunnerPA14 has the same as me.

Hello!

I interviewed on 10/1 AM group. My application checklist also shows that everything has been received (green check boxes), but has not changed to "complete and currently under review" yet. I have verified with April that my application is complete and there is nothing more to do but wait.

I hope we all hear GOOD news VERY SOON!

Good luck!

Congrats to those who were accepted. Unfortunately, they were not able to offer me an acceptance offer, and was not accepted. I am pretty bummed out about it! And I guess they definitely changed things around this time (not all those who were offered a secondary got in...). I wish I was given more details though (about how many students were accepted or if there is an alternative list or not.

Again, congrats to all.

Congrats guys! I was wait listed, I'm so bummed and scared I won't get in... This has been such a long process and is the only program I got interviewed for. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the best.

Akbynum, it is a bummer but I believe things happen for a reason and congrats for getting this far! At least you got an email about being waitlisted, did they say anything else about the waitlist? (like how many people are waitlisted??)

Wow guys I'm so sorry to hear about this!! I am shocked that this year was different than last year and not everyone who got secondaries was ultimately accepted. I also received acceptance to another school and I am heavily leaning towards the other program (lots of reasons why), so it is likely the wait list will move at least one spot. :) Have faith- best of luck to all of you! 

Archived