Secondary application

Hey! Congrats to everybody who has received the secondary!!! For our class, if you received a secondary and were not told you were an alternate, you were in. Davis is one of the few schools that actually reviews prior to sending out secondary apps in order to save applicants money. The secondary application is not as bad as you think, just spell check, be honest, and show Davis why you are a good candidate. I look forward to working with you in the future, and maybe mentoring one of you if I get assigned as your "big sibling". Lots of luck!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I feel like a lot of it is repeat info but doing the best I can! Would be helpful to know who specifically is reading the secondaries.

It seems to me like two of the essays are super similar- the two that ask you to relate the mission statement of the school to your past and future experiences/plans. Hmmm...

Also, does anyone know if we need to submit our official transcripts or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there!  I was emailed to complete the secondary application as well.  So, have we basically established that this is a very good sign?  Basically those who are approved to apply to the secondary application are accepted (unless the secondary app is terrible of course!)

I have started working on in and plan on finishing it this weekend.  Congrats to everyone!

Hi all, congrats to everyone who got selected to submit secondaries.  I spoke to Marci (in administration) this morning and it appears that we DO need to send in official transcripts.  She mentioned they have been receiving documents all week already. 

Hi All,

I spoke to April today and she asked me to please post on here on her behalf. We DO NOT need to send in official transcripts for the PA/NP program. The other two master's program applicants for the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing do need to submit transcripts but we do not. She mentioned that Marci probably was not sure of the program to which 'hamlerfamily' was applying and therefore said that transcripts should be sent. I hope this clears everything up for everyone. Don't panic- no transcripts needed! :) 

Woohoo congrats on submitting! I submitted mine on Sunday. It seems like this year they are much more organized with the whole application process in comparison to last year (looking at email response rates, the fact we got our secondaries sooner, etc.). I would like to think the delay in notice for last years cycle was due this disorganization stemming from the transition to the SON.

Also, changing the due date to Dec. 1st gives the SON time to review our apps BEFORE they review the rest of the apps for different SON programs. I believe the website says they begin reviewing those apps Januaty 1st.

SO.. As you can tell I'm really really hoping we hear before the New Year. This is all mere speculation, but my guess would be we would at least hear sooner than January 29th, the notification day for last year's cycle :)

Good luck to the rest of you on finishing the secondaries :) we're all in this together!

Good luck to everybody who submitted! I'm hoping you hear sooner than we did. :)

A lot of people will tell you to just relax and enjoy life..that's what they told me, but I would say, if you have time, use it to brush up on A&P. The summer course is fast-paced and it will help you tremendously. :)

Can't wait to hear you all celebrating your good news!

Archived