Secondary application

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received the invite to the secondary application as well!

I was at the Oct 1st AM session.  Anyone else?

The girl (Ashley, maybe?) who managed us through the interview portion of the day said something along the lines of "If you get the secondary application, you're pretty much there.  If you don't hear from us in November, you'll hear from us in March."  Does anyone else remember this?

Hi everyone! I too have received an invite for the secondary application. It looks like I'm only the second RN here that has posted their good news!

sgc2012- Glad to know I am not the only RN! There was only one other RN when I interviewed as well.

NSgirl88- I also interviewed October 1 AM session I was in group A. Which group were you in?

To everyone that received the secondary app invite congrats!! I wish us all the best!! Goodluck with the writing! I will probably proof read mine a million times before I submit! Hehe

Congrats to all for getting secondary applications!!! I'm honestly getting quite nervous though, it seems like a lot of us are getting the secondaries (something to be taken seriously and be proud of) but makes me wonder if they're doing things different this time around; like really reading and eliminating out final secondary applications after we send them in or if they are expanding their class size to more than 30 students (something I've heard of) thus they're sending out more secondary applications? I'm curious to know if they've sent out denial emails/letters and if they're still sending out secondary applications still.

Good luck to everyone and stay positive (something I need to remind myself of daily!)

I don't think we need to worry as long as we do a decent job with the Secondary application.  My understanding is we need approval from the general graduate program.  At our interview on the 3rd. they said the class size this year was "flexible."  Also, we only have 12 of us here with secondary application invites, not even close to 30.  I do know people who interviewed with us who received rejection emails on the 31st.  Is there anyone out there who interviewed but hasn't heard anything?  

I appreciate you guys continuing to post about things as it makes it all seem more real!

I don't think we need to worry as long as we do a decent job with the Secondary application.  My understanding is we need approval from the general graduate program.  At our interview on the 3rd. they said the class size this year was "flexible."  Also, we only have 12 of us here with secondary application invites, not even close to 30.  I do know people who interviewed with us who received rejection emails on the 31st.  Is there anyone out there who interviewed but hasn't heard anything?  

I appreciate you guys continuing to post about things as it makes it all seem more real!

Oh, wow...so they are sending out rejection e-mails to those that did interview?

I received a secondary application as well! interviewed oct. 3rd AM.  

I thought I heard this was essentially a formality, that they only send this to people who will be admitted (assuming that some will decline obviously).  also, this includes NP and PA correct? i thought it was approx 40 PA's and 40 NP's that will be admitted this year. thoughts?

congrats everyone! :)

I received a secondary application as well! interviewed oct. 3rd AM.

I thought I heard this was essentially a formality, that they only send this to people who will be admitted (assuming that some will decline obviously). also, this includes NP and PA correct? i thought it was approx 40 PA's and 40 NP's that will be admitted this year. thoughts?

congrats everyone! :)

At our interview we were told that "roughly 30" NPs and PAs total will be admitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is everyone doing on the secondaries? I am about to start working on mine tomorrow- whew that's a lot of essays!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep lots of them....i'm saving those until i'm done with everything else.  I'm working on tweaking my resume. not sure if i should use the CV style or a traditional resume format...decisions, decisions. :)

Archived