Secondary application

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you guys submitted the secondary did you receive any type of confirmation/acknowledgement?  I just want to make sure they've received it.  I saved my evidence of submission as a pdf file, and my receipt of payment. 

Thanks to everyone who has shared relevant info with the rest of us!  Can't wait to eventually meet you all!

I believe that email was mass just to inform those who are working on it.

So I did a bit of research on past posts and it looks like those who were accepted in 2012 were hearing back as late as January. Can anyone in the current PA class vouch for that as well? Or because the Secondary isn't due until Dec 1 do you think it will be earlier? I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say the waiting process is a killer :) 

I did not receive this mass email regarding research interests. Can someone let me know what it entailed? I have already submitted my secondary so I would not be able to make any changes but I am still curious to know what it was about. I wonder if this email was sent to just the PA applicants? (I am an NP applicant). Thanks in advance!

It was just stating that you only had to write about one research interest as opposed to four. It mentioned 4 boxes that needed to be filled out (on the handout for the NP/PA program) but there was only one area in which to write out our research interest(s). The email was just stating that one essay/box was sufficient, which I'm sure you figured out! You didn't miss anything. :)

As for when we will hear back, I have no clue!! Agreed the process is painful but we are almost at the finish line, thank goodness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for clarifying! That brings me relief :) I figured that there was a mistake regarding the 4 boxes. And I agree, this waiting process is definitely painful! An acceptance would be a great thing to celebrate during the holidays! Have a great thanksgiving everyone!

Plus, it's not like they really learned anything new about us from this secondary application (to review over the next 3-4 months).  Also, it doesn't seem like there is that many of us doing the secondary application so if they don't take some of us they will have quite a scramble in the Spring to fill the class right?  And figure out loans etc.  And we haven't really heard of there being alternates at this point right?  Confusing.    

Also, tough if UCD is your first choice (and it feels almost within our reach!) but you still feel compelled to go through the process with other schools. 

I was kind of shocked about that as well! But as a disclaimer April did mention that she cannot give an official date, and by February/March people will have heard -- That is the only information she disclosed on dates. Now if this means that slowly people will be notified before that, I'm not sure. 

She also stated that the secondaries have "a completely separate review process" and that it takes time to go through that. So even though there was not much more new info on the secondaries, they will still use that as part of the acceptance process.

Remster825: I also received that email regarding application under review. Perhaps they will be sending it to individuals throughout the day. - and I agree; other schools have started giving acceptance letters out but Davis is my top choice. I don't want to give up hope and go with a different school - So maintaining confidence for Davis is key I guess.:P

I did not get the "application in review" email. Hmmm.... I'll wait a a day or so before the panic ensues! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I haven't received anything but I submitted my application late Monday. For those that did get an email confirmation, how long after you submitted the application did you get an email?? Plus with the holiday I wonder if it might take extra time. I feel like it may not take until Feb/March for us to find out... They have been good about giving us notice after the interview process and with the secondary applications. Lets hope they get through our secondary applications quickly, its not as many students :)

I sent my secondary in late Sunday and DID get the email confirmation.  BUT, when I spoke to April Wednesday and referenced that email, she didn't seem very familiar with it so I don't feel like that email is very significant.  April does seem on top of all our stuff and reassured me she knows we all want to find out ASAP and they will let us know the minute they can.

Archived