2013-2014 application cycle

Hi everyone! Congratulations on your interviews!!! I am a current NSU PA student class 2015. I just wanted to wish you the best of the best! Also, there is a great book that I used to prepare myself for the interview: how to ace the physician assistant interview by Andrew Rodican. It was very helpful!!! Remember that it is very competitive and you have to be prepared! Good luck! Be yourself and show your passion for the PA Profession!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was interviewed by 2 people. Our day went as scheduled and we were allowed to leave after our interview. They interviewed us in the order that we arrived so if u arrive first u can expect your day to be done after 2 hours..it was a very laid back experience..not intimidating at all. Everyone was very friendly. Since it's such a small campus we were able to meet and talk to students as they passed us by

I am curious as well. I interviewed on the 19th. I think it has been 3 weeks today and from what I remember they said it could be anywhere from 2-4 weeks but most likely 4 so I probably wouldn't expect anything until next week. If they do call this week than that would be sweet!

I was rejected from Orlando two weeks after I finalized my application in August. They must not have liked my app. at all. I hear they really like Florida and Orlando area residents though and I'm from Texas, but I don't know how true that is. They actually sent me two different rejection letters 3 weeks a part as if I didn't understand the letter the first time. I have interviews to two other NOVA schools though and Barry, so no worries! Good luck everybody!

So I submitted everything to NOVA Orlando 2 weeks ago and they've been sending me emails to keep me updated on my status. I just received one today stating that I have "missing items" on my application because I'm currently enrolled in one last pre-requisite (Organic Chemisty) and it states:

"Please be aware that your file will remain under consideration until you are notified otherwise.  Having courses in progress does not hinder your application.  Once you are finished with the prerequisite courses listed above, you will need to provide NSU with an official transcript so the grade can be verified.  Please be aware that your file will remain under consideration until you are notified otherwise.  Having courses in progress does not hinder your application.  Once you are finished with the prerequisite courses listed above, you will need to provide NSU with an official transcript so the grade can be verified.  "

Has anyone been rejected because of this? Or does this mean they are going to wait until I send them my final transcript before they reject me/ decide to give me an interview??

Archived