Fort Myers Class of 2015

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KRJames

I'm class of 2019...hopefully!!! Congratulations to everyone getting interviews. I found this thread trying to find out what the typical GRE scores of successfully admitted students are. I'm taking my first attempt at the GRE this fall, and it's frustrating not knowing how high I need. I wanted to see if I score X if that would be good or if I need to keep attempting it. I wish that NOVA posted the scores from the last class (and other selection statistics too for that matter). Does anyone have this information? From looking at everybody posting it seems 300 combined, but I don't really see information about the analytical writing component.

I am in the class of 2015, we are about to start Fall semester next week. If anyone has any questions about the school I would be happy to attempt to answer them.

My GRE and other parts of my applications was like this:

Undergrad Ed School: University of Florida- Health Education

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.36

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.4

Age at application time: 23

1st GRE: 760M, 520V, 3.5W

Direct Patient Care:

400 hours- Health Screener

600 hours (at time of app.)- Medical Assistant

150 hours- Medical Missions, Nicaragua

Extracurricular/Research Activities:

Eta Sigma Gamma (Health Education Honors Club), Various Church Activities, Mission Work

LORs:

1 Supervisor from health screening internship

1 Physician that I shadowed

1 Physician I shadowed and worked with in Nicaragua

My writing score wasnt that great, but I dont know how much they actually look at that. I applied fairly early and had an early interview, which I am sure helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I would only go with a suit and tie. Thats what I wore, and I haven't really seen anyone wear anything less.

Our interviews were not that stressful, honestly it was more of a conversation. And honestly, the interviews is as much for you, as it is for the school. See if the school matches your interests and if you like the environment.

I do think that they changed the interviews though and they have been tossing around some new ideas. So, not completely sure what to expect, besides maybe a group interview AND a single interview.

Archived