Sign in to follow this  
gr8ful1

Portland State University Pre-PA students

Any Pre-PA Student's from PSU on here? Are you happy with the support/resources provided by the Pre-Health society? Would you like to be a part of a Society that caters to the needs of Pre-PA's only? i.e. shadowing partnerships, community service, and teaching the public about the PA profession. I am forming a Pre-PA Society at PSU, and would like your input and support. Let me know what you think! Thank you!

Hi AprilMedic, Awesome! As long as I get approval for the group in the next couple of weeks, I would love to welcome you to PSU and Pre-PA Society. Stay in touch, so we can coordinate things. I am creating this group as much for public information on the job scope of PA's as for the success of the prospective students. Currently, the Pre-Health society tries to host events that encompass all health fields, but there are no resources for shadowing PA's, or a list of the program directors or tour dates, etc. We will be addressing all those issues, and also creating partnerships with local schools for talks, tours, etc. Stay in touch!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By sacharle
      There is an awesome organization called ThePAC (Physician Assistants of Color) that holds diversity events in multiple cities across the U.S. The next one will be in Detroit, Michigan on September 28, 2019. The event is a great opportunity for all three levels of the profession! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/thepac-takes-detroit-tickets-70091765357
      Pre-PAs get to talk directly to program directors from the local/surrounding region (this event will have 7), and get specific advice about their application profile from programs directly as well as experienced PA students and PA-Cs. 
      PA-S  and PA-C get to fraternize and network with each other as well as tap into resources such as job recruiters, financial advisors, and transition to practice information. 
      There are always lots of giveaways such as medical equipment, PANCE/PANRE prep, discounts on scrub companies, and more. 
      This event is open to any and everyone no matter the race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc. 
      If you cannot attend this event, give them a follow on IG @thepa.c or FB 'Physician Assistants of Color' so you can get notified of when the next event/location will be. 

• By sunnypits
      I'm starting at a community college. The community college  has a  general biology as a transfer Is this the same as just biology? They have chemistry too. 
    • By aa1041557
      I’ve recently been offered a position as a dialysis tech in an outpatient center. I shadowed the other day and the staff seamed friendly. My main duties would be weighing patients, cannulating them and setting up the machines, drawing labs, and monitoring their vitals throughout treatment. This all would be under the supervisions of an RN. I would work 8 and 10 hour shifts. I was hoping someone who has worked as a dialysis tech or knows someone who has could give me feedback about their experiences. I do already have 2 years experience volunteering as an EMT-A on a fairly busy service and plan on continuing to do so.  

I have also been invited to interview for a medical assistant position at an urgent care, but the interview is after the deadline to decide if I’m going to accept the dialysis position. 

The pros I see in working as a dialysis tech: Getting to know my patients and their cases. Experience in the chronic disease side of medicine. 

Cons: It’s could be repetitive work and I would really only learn about kidney disease.
    • By benners2
      Did anyone hear from University of the Cumberlands yet?
    • By benners2
      Has anyone heard back for an interview?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More