Midwestern University IL - Entering Class for 2014

My interview was January 11, and I got in right away--no alternate list. They do interviews up through the end of January I believe. Everyone at every interview gets a fair chance for a direct spot.

when did you receive your interview invite?? Would you mind emailing messaging me your Stats? I applied in August and have not heard back yet. I thought my stats/ application were somewhat competitive but am worried since I have not heard back. I am not sure if Applying later in the cycle possibly hurt my chances?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I was at at the 10/11 interview date and received an alternate list letter last week.  Maybe they reviewed both interview sessions at the same time? 

After calling MWU, I found out that at each interview-review session, they basically pick up where they left off. Some students received invites/alternate letters/rejection letters very quickly after the 10/11 date while others had to wait almost 8 weeks for their letters just because admissions sorts through as many interviewed individuals as possible on a given date. Given what they were able to tell me, I assume they meet infrequently, but are trying to stay within their 6-8 week assurance. (: Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

when did you receive your interview invite?? Would you mind emailing messaging me your Stats? I applied in August and have not heard back yet. I thought my stats/ application were somewhat competitive but am worried since I have not heard back. I am not sure if Applying later in the cycle possibly hurt my chances?

I also applied in August and haven't heard anything yet either.  Let us know when you hear back! Good luck!

They will tell you that your app is under review basically until February. I actually called last year in February and that's exactly what they said, "We have no information except that your app is under review."

Bascially those of us who have not yet heard anything... may not until the rejection letter comes round March or April :(.

I'm going to check out some other pa schools still accepting apps for more back ups, those of you that haven't heard yet should consider doing the same. Goodluck everyone! :

I interviewed on 11/9 and haven't heard anything yet. But so far as I understand, they have another interview day 12/6 and then one last interview day in January. I don't know whether people have heard about the January date yet but I would suspect they will soon. Has anyone heard from 11/9?

I submitted my application in mid-July and received an interview invite on 11/6 for a 12/8 interview slot. I ended up turning down the interview because I was accepted at a different school, but I was really surprised to get their interview offer 3.5 months later! By that point I assumed I had been rejected. If your application is fairly strong, I'm sure you still have a good chance of getting an interview! =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recieved an interview invitation on November 22nd for a January 10th interview. It is getting close!

Hey Everyone,

I just received an invite for an interview yesterday! I was so surprised because I thought all interview slots had been filled. Best of luck to you all. This waiting game is so stressful.

were you both contacted through an email?

I just got an invitation to interview this morning for the Jan 17th date. My CASPA was verified on June 10th! There is still hope for those of you that are still waiting.

They sent you an invite today on a Saturday? That's different it seems it is usually Friday that people hear from them. That is such great news for you though and definitely gives hope to those still waiting like myself. When did you submit your application? Would you mind messaging me your Stats. Thanks

Archived