2013-2014 application cycle

Where are staying Kelly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I'm staying at the Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort! Too bad I didn't see anything about Sand Castle when I was searching hotels..it looks so close to the school which is super convenient! When do you head down? 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SamanthaK - I'm from Grosse Pointe, right outside of Detroit. I leave tomorrow morning and fly out of DTW! What about you? 

-Kelly 

Oh nice! I actually don't live too far from you, I'm from Dearborn which is about 10-15 minutes away from Detroit. I'm flying out thursday morning & guess what!! Im staying at the Renaissance as well! I'll probably bump into you there before the interview! See you then :)

SamanthaK - I'm from Grosse Pointe, right outside of Detroit. I leave tomorrow morning and fly out of DTW! What about you? 

-Kelly 

Oh nice! I actually don't live too far from you, I'm from Dearborn which is about 10-15 minutes away from Detroit. I'm flying out thursday morning & guess what!! Im staying at the Renaissance as well! I'll probably bump into you there before the inter

-Kelly 

Oh nice! I actually don't live too far from you, I'm from Dearborn which is about 10-15 minutes away from Detroit. I'm flying out thursday morning & guess what!! Im staying at the Renaissance as well! I'll probably bump into you there before the interview! See you then :)

What a small world! Looking forward to meeting you :) 

Hello everyone, I recently recieved an invitation to interview at Barry Miami Shores campus. As far as I can tell I am interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. Does anyone know what the chances are of getting accepted to one of their campuses. Also if anyone has any advice on how to tackle the interview and the format of the interview. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone, I recently recieved an invitation to interview at Barry Miami Shores campus. As far as I can tell I am interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. Does anyone know what the chances are of getting accepted to one of their campuses. Also if anyone has any advice on how to tackle the interview and the format of the interview. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Interview is very laid back and starts with an informational session. Then you break off into groups for a discussion. Next you do a 15 min individual interview, q&a sessions and then lunch with current students. Overall not stressful. I interviewed last week and ended up on the wait list but I know a few people that got offered a spot in miami shores from my interview date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview is very laid back and starts with an informational session. Then you break off into groups for a discussion. Next you do a 15 min individual interview, q&a sessions and then lunch with current students. Overall not stressful. I interviewed last week and ended up on the wait list but I know a few people that got offered a spot in miami shores from my interview date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thank you for the info, I wasnt sure if I was interviewing for a waitlist spot or an actually spot but I was told by a current student that they tell you if they interview you for the waitlist, how soon after the interview did you find out that you were waitlisted

I interviewed on the 19th and they had 2 seats open. I got wait listed. But judging by the movement of the wait list, I'm optimistic that I can claim a seat eventually.

I'll admit that it bugs me a bit that they're still interviewing even when seats are taken, though... I hope the incoming interviewees are aware of that.

Ggwhite, I got invited for an interview on February 21st. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask what the current status of positions are!

Dkwee, good luck on the wait list, hopefully you get in. Also, I understand your point about interviewing with seats almost full-but just remember they're trying to get the best candidates! It does make it difficult when there are other offers from other programs in the mix though too! Difficult decisions for your future!

What campus is your interview at?

Misskate, sorry I posted that to the wrong forum! My fault! I interviewed on the 17 in st croix...we should find out on Tuesday if we got in or not! How did you like it?

I loved it and the island. We had about 10 people there. How many came on the 17th? I'm feeling anxious. Both professors were so nice. And I don't want to leave lol

I loved it as well! We had 15 there!!

Hopefully we'll both be back :x

Did they tell you when they'd let you know? When I talked to Michelle, she said she thought early this week but I'm wondering if they gave you any more specifics?

They said no later than 3 weeks. I'm wondering how many people will be at the rest of interviews...

Best of luck!

Hey everyone,

I interviewed at st croix nov 1st and was accepted a few days later. A little advice: just be yourself and relax. Easier said than done but it helps a lot. Staff and faculty were really nice and laid back. Current students were very helpful in explaining pros and cons. The general impression I got was that clinical experience was outstanding. I really enjoyed st croix as a whole even during their rainy season. I would recommend renting a vehicle (jeep preferably) and driving around the island as we did. I used homeaway.com to book a place for pretty cheap. 90/night I believe. Good luck to everyone who is interviewing and have fun checking out st croix and what it has to offer!

Have you figured out how you are going to find a place to live? Some current students suggested coming down again before school started. How many seats have officially been taken?

I interviewed on the 19th and they had 2 seats open. I got wait listed. But judging by the movement of the wait list, I'm optimistic that I can claim a seat eventually.

I'll admit that it bugs me a bit that they're still interviewing even when seats are taken, though... I hope the incoming interviewees are aware of that.

Is this the st croix campus?

quote name="Marissa" post="155566" timestamp="1390782802"]I loved it as well! We had 15 there!!

Hopefully we'll both be back :x

Did they tell you when they'd let you know? When I talked to Michelle, she said she thought early this week but I'm wondering if they gave you any more specifics?

Marissa,

Have you,Sara or Dave heard anything?

Thanks,

James

Archived