Sign in to follow this  
william208

re-applicant's personal statement

I got rejected from Stanford last year after an interview. Im currently re-applying and was wondering if it was okay to reuse the same personal statement with some minor retouching here and there? My personal statement already clearly defines who I am and why I wanted to go the PA route. I feel as if my essay is almost at the best of my abilities because I've had over 3 people already help me proofread it and give me suggestions. I would be lying if I changed the story around so what should I do?

I've talked to a few admissions directors and they've said it's okay to reuse the personal statement, I used the same foundation that I used for last year; but updated it with healthcare experiences/things I've done over the past year. You should be okay. Good luck!

On Stanford application, it ask the reapplicant to submitt updated personal statement if previously applied.

confirmation needed: so we can totally use the same personal statement but just update it with HCE and other things that needs to be updated right?

I would imagine that you are a different candidate than you were a year ago.  I would not use the same statement personally.

The personal statement shoudn't be viewed as just checking a box, like making sure you have your W2 attached to your tax return. It's really the only unstructured submission you have to get an interview.

If you wrote one last year that was great, then use it. But be sure to revisit it first and be sure you don't have anything you'd like to add or change.

Good luck!

To reapply after you got rejected! Do you need to start a brand new application or is there a different application for students that want to reapply??