Interviews for this application cycle?

• 1 month later...

Now that the 9/1 deadline is over, does anyone know when they will start inviting people for interviews?

Just looking at the thread from last year, the first person who posted got their invite on 9/11. Do you think that will happen around the same time this year? I am sooo excited I can hardly wait.

aivphung- have you already completed the supplemental application?

Rachel - from what I understand (someone please correct me if I am wrong) the supplemental for Davis is different than most schools. They either only send out the supplemental to people they interview or to people they choose to give a seat in the class too not to everyone they receive a CASPA from.

When I called they said they would send the supplemental to people they are interested in, and go from there to choose who to interview. I did not get the impression that they ONLY send out supplemental applications to those they are for sure going to interview. I figured I would ask who got a supplemental to see if they have moved along in the screening process yet :)

We got our "Secondary Application" AFTER our interview--and only 35-40 people got it (essentially the people that got accepted plus a few extras just in case, only 29 people got accepted to our class). I don't remember a supplemental, but that was also a year ago when I was in your shoes and all I could think about was what I'd be doing a year from then. And now here I am, nose-in-book, learning about type II diabetes treatment.... joy.

Your interview sessions will most-likely be a little different than ours. I cannot go over specifics, but I will say some important things to remember:

1. Wear a suit if you are a male, and dress professionally if you are a female. This is not business casual day. I saw several people at our interview who were wearing khakis and a button up without a tie, or a short skirt and low cut top for the ladies, and they are not in my class. They value the professional look. You want to impress them, so look professional. You should appear as if you are comfortable wearing fancy-schmancy clothes everyday. The program wants you to wear business casual attire everyday, so dressing up for a day isn't all that bad. No sweats! :)

2. Know your application! You should know what you've done, and be able to talk about it in relation to any situation. I was able to discuss my time as an Army Medic and weave my volunteer history into pretty much every question that arose. It is the day where you will want to be able to say, "You wanted to interview me, so check me out!". Be impressive, because if you made it to interviews, they already view you as top notch. 

3. Have fun! I met some people at interview day who I kept in contact with and we are now going through the program together leaning on each other everyday. Do not be the person that alienates others so if you are accepted, they remember what an unpleasant individual you are at interviews. Don't be afraid to weave humor into your interview responses (in moderation), and be honest. 

The day wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. When you have the opportunity to ask questions over lunch, to current students and faculty, ask them. If something is bugging you, put it out there. Remember this is not the time to criticize the program in any way, but to make sure you are choosing them as much as they are choosing you. Hope this helps! Good luck everybody! Hopefully I will get the chance to meet some of you on the big day!

I received an email from the program saying my application has been received about a month after my CASPA was mailed. Haven't heard anything else since then. I think we might hear something in the next 2-3 weeks since they're probably trying to go through all of the applications right now. 

But from the previous, it seems like they have already sent out some interview invitations...

Keep positive. If you didn't get an email and it has been over  a month since you submitted your CASPA, I would contact the program. 

Archived