WMU Class of 2016

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed there last year. There is a presentation and Q&A, so it's good to have a few thoughtful questions prepared. There is an essay portion, your interview (I interviewed with a PA and a professor), and a tour. They are watching you the whole time - mingle with each other, be friendly and polite, and relax. I was nervous as hell, but it was nice to talk to the other applicants. They are just as scared as you are. Good luck to all! I'm submitting my application this week. 

I understand that while WMU has rolling admissions, not all accepted applicants are notified immediately.  I think only the "slam dunks" - individuals about whom they have no question - are notified right away.  Based on some of the earlier posts to this topic, I would expect the very first notifications of acceptance from the November 8 interviews to go out no sooner than later this week.  According to Dr. Vangsnes, he was planning to be in Utah on a site visit until early this week (Tuesday?), and unable to review anything until today (Wednesday).  It's my guess that if a Nov.8 interviewee doesn't hear by the end of next week, he/she will be waiting until later in the cycle.  Just a guess, but there's my two cents.

Hi everyone! I am in WMUs class of 2015. For those of you who have been accepted we invite you to search and join a facebook page made for the WMU class of 2016. (search Western Michigan University physician assistant class of 2016) Here you can ask questions and/or meet your fellow classmates for next year. Congratulations for those of you who have been accepted and good luck on interviews to everyone else.

Archived