Class of 2016

Also, has anyone created a Facebook group for c/o 2016? I find it an easier way to communicate, see faces, and familiarize ourselves with one another prior to program start. Again, congrats to all who have been accepted, and best of luck to all those who were waitlisted/denied. From what I gather there were 200-300 qualified applicants and ~120 that were interviewed. Tough competition to say the very least.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I can do that no problem. I'll get invites out sometime over the weekend. My wife just had twins a week ago, so to say I'm spread thin at the moment is a mild understatement. :)

My FB is set to strict privacy settings so you likely can't search me by name and find me. For all who are accepted/interested, just leave me your name here on the thread so I can search for you on FB.

For those of you that got accepted, do you mind if I ask how your interview went? 100% perfect? I feel like mine went extremely well except for one of the mini scenarios, but there was only one interviewer present instead of the 2+ in all the others. I'm hoping one less than perfect evaluation won't hurt my chances too bad. I think my nerves got the best of me and hopefully they are understanding when it comes to that, especially since it didn't happen in every interview. Thanks for any input!

I felt like my group part sucked but I think I made up for it by acing my minis in a sense. The minis went very well and my academic interview, though a little grueling went alright. They got me one question "reassure us you won't fail out" (I guess I did reassure them as it turns out) but other than that they said I was very prepared...I felt like it could have gone better and overall I didn't feel like I stood out but I guess they saw something in me.

As for the nerves, they totally get it, I'm sure you did even better than you think you did!

Thanks for the replies, flack 11 and kangaru! Kangaru, that makes me feel a lot better. I felt as if during the one mini I did poorly in the interviewer wanted to laugh at me at one point. haha. But during the group I performed better than two members and the third member was probably a tie. I aced my other mini and during the academic interview everything went way better than I could've hoped for. The interviewer was even shocked when I asked a question at the end and she said, "wow! thats a really good question!" So that gave me a little confidence boost because I met one girl who the interviewers told she asked the worst possible question.

I don't think i've ever been this anxious in my life. Hopefully I hear one way or another today because I can't hardly handle waiting any longer. Congrats again on the acceptance!

I haven't received my official acceptance letter in the mail yet. I was going to wait until I got it in the mail to send in my deposit but I might just print off from the email and do it that way if it doesn't come in by tmrw. I know some of you discussed making a fb group.. I think that's a great idea. I don't think we'll be hearing anything from the program until late October to November anyways. It'll be a great way to put names to faces!

I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I emailed Linda Allen last week telling her that I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I wasn't for sure if there was anything in the mailed information that wasn't included in the email. She said the letters were in the mail and it was only a copy of the letter they emailed. Still haven't got it though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived