Emory interviews

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question. I finally got my secondary done and submitted, and they said they are "reviewing" my application. Their email said 4-6 weeks for review. And interview invites are usually ~4 weeks in advance. That would mean interview in September or later. I surely hope it's a bit earlier than that tho. Waiting sucks.

Last year I submitted my supplemental in October and was contacted in Jan for an interview in Feb. I was wait listed and am reapplying this year- the waiting is TERRIBLE :) I was just wondering if anyone knew when the interview cycle started since I was interviewed at the end of the cycle last year...

Best of lucy to you- hopefully it won't wait until Sept- and we will hear something sooner!!

I called Kay today, and she said that they extend interview offers Mid-August and they have began reviewing and scoring applications. She ironically said that they were scoring mine when I called her (crazy coincidence timing). So they are reviewing applications now, and are looking to send invitations to the first cohort!

I wish you all luck, I wish blessings upon you all, and I hope we are all PAs 4 years from now.

Take Luck!

It's a hard question to answer, but here's my best effort.

On a personal note, your classmates are amazing. Emory and more specifically the Admissions Director does a fantastic job of recruiting not only qualified students into the program, but people patients would want to be around. Current students sit in and have a say in the decision about student admission, which is nice because there is a continuity of character that carries through each class and personifies the personality of the program.

On a professional note I would say this is much more broad. Not only is the Emory network vast, each location a student visits has the full expectation that an Emory PA student will bring with them a skill set that is hard to match, partly because of the previous patient care experience required for matriculation and partly because of the training received while in school. In addition, the anatomy lab is second to none and PA students are offered the same lab as the medical students take with our own cadavers. The faculty take great care to ensure students have all the resources they need both during school and after school and even go as far as using student feedback from courses to figure out what works and what doesn't.

This explanation doesn't nearly do the justice to the program that it deserves, but it is a world class institution not because of the facilities, but because of the people that work within to make sure every student that graduates is top notch in every way.

• 3 weeks later...

I was invited to interview via email August 20th. My interview is scheduled for Oct 4th at 8:00 am. Good luck to all !!! I hope to meet some of you at the interviews. I hope we all get to reach our goals.

I AM SO EXCITED might I add. It is an HONOR to interview at such an awesome program.

aliss--my assumption is it would be email as well, as stated by jacecrawford. The asst. director of admissions told me on the phone that she remembered my name and an interview would be sent out, it just didn't go out yet--but I'll feel better when I get the actual email/letter. I submitted my app on 7/12 and it was sent to Emory on 7/19 with a confirmation of it being processed on 8/2.

jacecrawford--when did you get confirmation about your application being processed?

I received a message saying it would take 5-6 weeks as well. It's only been about four weeks. I applied to the MPH/PA dual option and have been accepted to Rollins for public health. I know they normally have a separate interview date for dual degree students. Haven't heard anything yet, email or snail mail. Reading this forum sometimes makes my heart flutter. It makes me nervous!

Does Emory do rolling admissions? I didn't think they did.

yes, Emory has a form of rolling admissions. They interview over several months beginning in October and the ad com meets at the end of each month to discuss the interviewees. They are split into three groups- 1) accept 2) hold 3)deny. They inform the accepted and denied candidates and place the "hold" candidates into the next pile to be discussed again at the next ad com meeting the following month- this process if repeated until the final meeting usually at the end of Feb early March.

At least this is how they did it last year- I assume they will do it the same this year? I am still waiting- has anyone else heard about interviews? Generally they send out invites 4 weeks prior to the interview, so I didn't expect to hear anything until Sept. at the soonest but it seems others have already heard...

Good luck to us all!

Congrats Cara222! It's great to know that Emory is sending out invites now. I have my fingers crossed to receive an invite sooner rather than later. Emory is my number one choice but I have been offered a spot in a program that begins in January and I have no clue what to do! The waiting is the hardest part! You have already provided a wealth of information but do you happen to know how soon applicants hear back after interviews? Also, did you call to speak with anyone regarding your application?

@futurepa2013TE Hearing back...it depends on when you interview. The committee meets 3 times throughout the process to decide who gets in out of the 1/3 that interviewed, who gets denied, and who gets pushed back to the next committee meeting ("wait-listed" in a sense). So if you have one of the first interviews for your section it could take a month to hear back (like in my case), but if you have one of the last interviews in that section it could be less than a week. So it all depends. Last year the first 1/3 heard back right after thanksgiving... It is definitely a waiting process.

Good luck!!

Congrats Cara222! It's great to know that Emory is sending out invites now. I have my fingers crossed to receive an invite sooner rather than later. Emory is my number one choice but I have been offered a spot in a program that begins in January and I have no clue what to do! The waiting is the hardest part! You have already provided a wealth of information but do you happen to know how soon applicants hear back after interviews? Also, did you call to speak with anyone regarding your application?

I'm in the same boat here! What is your plan, if you don't mind me asking

Hi tunafish! I have no clue to be quite honest and there's not much time either! I am so anxious! The only thing I am doing is keeping my fingers crossed for an early invitation for an interview and a quick response regarding admission. I did put down my deposit to guarantee my spot and if I decide not to attend then I figure I am making a donation to a great program! I am also trying to figure out the timeline for the first payment for the school I was accepted to and I will most definitely wait until the last moment to make my first payment. I will continue to have my fingers crossed for Emory though!! Good luck! Keep me posted!

Archived