Emory interviews

I interviewed in the fall and was accepted shortly thereafter.  My advice about the interview is just relax and be yourself.  Yes, that sounds incredibly cliche, but I swear to god its the truth!  I interviewed at a few other schools (MEDEX and OHSU)...although the group format and daily schedule was similar, I thought that Emory did an awesome job of studying my application and background.  The panel asked each candidate questions about things that had already mentioned.  for me, there really wasn't much of a way to study, which meant that staying relaxed and be as personable was the goal.  Good Luck everyone!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im just about dying waiting to hear... This is going to be THE SLOWEST Thursday of my life knowing that the admissions group is making their decisions and phone calls on Friday! Ahhh! I just want to wish everyone the absolute best of luck, and we should all feel really proud that we were even considered for interviews!

I know I'll be checking PA Forum and my cell phone voicemail like a Fiend on 2/7/14! FINGERS CROSSED!!!

I am ecstatic right now!! Got my acceptance phone call today at 11:11am PST. Thankfully Mr. Allan Platt left me a voicemail because I was working. Can't wait to meet everyone and I hope everyone gets accepted to their school of choice. Emory was my first choice so I'm thrilled and feel so honored to be accepted here.

Best of luck to everyone! :)

No call for me, feeling pretty devastated because Emory was my absolute top choice

but a huge congrats to all those who have been accepted!

@McPerson any chance you want to hand your spot to me haha? if only it were that easy haha.. sighhh : /

Emory was my top choice too when applying, but I was offered a sweet scholarship at GWU that is making the choice difficult.

Ugh. So bummed about not getting a call, but I've decided (after some wine) that this will just make it that much sweeter when it happens next year. A student told me at my interview that 1/3 of their class are repeat applicants. They saw something they liked in all of us- there just aren't enough spots.

McPherson- I'll trade the rest of this bottle of wine for your spot. It was $8 at the 7-11 so... I'd say it's a pretty sweet offer. Pinot Noir.

Emory was my top choice too when applying, but I was offered a sweet scholarship at GWU that is making the choice difficult.

Yea, I have my deposit down at GWU, but I was reallllly hoping for emory :( Any idea how they do their wait list? I can't remember if Allan said they send them via email or snail mail

Yea, I have my deposit down at GWU, but I was reallllly hoping for emory :( Any idea how they do their wait list? I can't remember if Allan said they send them via email or snail mail

I was wait listed last year and reapplied this year. They sent me an email last year advising me that I was not accepted at this time but would be reconsidered should anyone withdraw their acceptance. I called and spoke with Ms Kaye and got feedback for ways to improve my application. I was offered a second interview this year as well- but have not been called. My understanding is that they do not rank their wait list and review the entire list as a group when there is a spot to be filled. They consider things like distance from ATL and how quickly you would be able to come on short notice as well as re-evaluating your interview and application. Hope this helps. 

Thanks for sharing Cara, Im really sorry you haven't been call too, I feel your pain. Last year did you get the email on the same day calls went out or did they send it out later? 

I got the email same day (it was on my birthday) at like 9:30pm. I was devastated but hopeful for the following year.. I have actually already started another PA program (began in January)- But never officially withdrew my application from Emory the second time. I decided in November after I didn't make the first cut and was asked to wait until Feb for the final decision (in hindsight it looks like I chose well). I was still hoping for the acceptance- Emory was my top choice school, and I would have liked the validation of knowing they thought I was worth the investment.

All this to say, stay positive:

You WILL be a PA- It feels horrible to not get your first choice (twice), but they saw something special in you or they wouldn't have even bothered to interview you. The programs are all different but the end result is the SAME! I encourage you to take stock in knowing that this isn't the end. Best of luck to you in your journey and hang onto the knowledge that you WILL BE A PA- so congratulations in advance!

I do feel very blessed that I have other acceptances, but ohhh yaaa it definitely feels horrible. On my interview day all I could think about was how perfect a match it felt and how much I wanted to call Emory home, but you're right - we ARE going to be PAs, and Im sure one day we'll all end up meeting at an AAPA conference only to look back and laugh and realize that we all ended up where we needed to be. Congratulations by the way on already starting school! what an accomplishment! you should be very proud!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived