Hey all,

I applied via CASPA portal and Philadelphia University will be receiving my application tomorrow from CASPA. I followed up with a call to the school today to report my sent application and to see at what point I would hear back form the school. They called me back this evening and noted that I should have applied earlier in the application cycle due to the rolling admissions process. They noted that it is wise to still apply, however there is no guarantee of an interview at this point. They noted that there were only 18 seats left. My hopes are still high though :) Good luck to you all!!

It seems odd that there would only be 18 seats left. That means that they've already filled 32 seats. The probably recieved the first applications on June 10th or so, so that means that in five weeks they managed to review applications, decide who to interview, contact people for interviews, conduct the interviews, decide who to accept, and have 32 people accept. The window for doing all of that just seems too short, plus a lot of schools haven't even started interviewing. I guess it's possible, but I'm wondering if the person you spoke with meant something else.

I also just applied today as well and its very discouraging reading the previous comment. Phila U is my first choice. How did they manage to fill seats already when other schools are yet to even offer interviews to selected applicants. I still believe its possible to get in...though.

Oh well....my app is being mailed from CASPA tomorrow. I applied to 10 schools though, so we will see. I do wonder why they said that you should have applied earlier though....if those seats were filled by their undergrad students that are matriculating it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to send in my application via CASPA today, but am now reconsidering since there are likely less than 18 seats left. Has anyone contacted the program more recently than the original poster? I may call on Monday so I'll try to update you all.

• 3 weeks later...

I interviewed at Phila U on Wednesday the 21st. We were told we were there in large part because we applied very early. They also said that about 1/2 of the seats are going to be filled by the 3+2 students who committed to them during their undergrad, and that the remaining seats are going to be filled within the next couple of weeks.

Archived