2013-2014 Cycle

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone who received an acceptance, and to everyone waiting you'll probably hear today but Monday for sure! :)

kmb- it is early, but I am wondering the same thing haha. I've been told not to live in Hempstead or Uniondale...and it was kind of evident when I went for my interview.  But I don't know how the other areas are. :/

Congratulations to everyone with acceptances so far!.

Michelle, you are correct. Hempstead is not the way to go and neither is Uniondale. I think I mentioned this to you or someone else recently? Garden City is the closest town to campus, same as Hempstead and Uniondale. It is a beautiful town and very safe, but expensive to live in. However, you can take advantage of the shopping, restaurants, bars, etc, there since its close and nice to go hang out. 

There are other areas close by that are nice too, Floral Park, Franklin SquareNew Hyde Park, and West Hempstead (this town is next to Hempstead but they are 2 separate towns, so don't confuse them. While in West Hempstead, the closer you get to the border with Hempstead the less nice it is, sadly). There is also Stewart Manor, which is a very, very small town, right in the middle where Garden City, Floral Park, and New Hyde Park meet.

I would be happy to answer any questions about the areas around campus, so anyone please feel free to pm me. 

For al those still waiting, just keep positive ;-)

pulli-  I agree with you.  I think that we should all start an early facebook page and start getting comfortable with each other and building friendship.  This way when we start school, we will already feel very comfortable!  It would definitely be nice and helpful if the people interested in surrounding areas could meet up and you could show us around. So thank you for offering that :)  I can't wait to hear who is definitely choosing Hofstra :)

Thanks pulli75 for all the info & offering a tour! I'll start looking into those areas while apartment hunting. :) What about the town of Westbury? I found a few places there & was wondering if it's a nice/safe area. The facebook group sounds great as well. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Audrey- I just think everyone is being very very hopeful for everyone.  I am still very hopeful for you.  You didn't get denied and thats  HUGE!!!! As far as I understand waitlisting it'll only take one student changing their mind.  So don't be discouraged yet. 

kmb- New York but upstate.  Too far to commute to Hofstra.

do you guys know if they are sending the emails by alphabetical order.. I had my interview on Monday, and some applicants who had their interview the same day and time like me received their letter yesterday (Friday).. I m just wondering because I didn't receive mine, and I m afraid of getting rejected..

Thank you for your help..I know Michelle and Audrey had maybe the same situation like me

Michelle - Aw, thank you. I'm wondering how many other people are on the wait list, though. 

Robert - I received mine a lot later than others in my group, and I was put on the wait list. I don't want to worry you, though. Michelle received hers later and she was accepted.

Archived