2013-2014 Cycle

I know they won't be sending us any info yet on the required medical equipment, but someone said there's sales on these things for the holidays? Does anyone know the specs of what we have to buy? (Stethoscope, otoscope, etc). There seems to be a lot of details and differences between these tools, so not sure what to look for. I was thinking telling friends and family to gift me these items but don't want to make a mistake on what is required. Also, anyone who sent their deposit, has it cleared yet? My check was delivered Oct 4th and still not deposited, just wondering.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pulli, my check has not been cashed yet either. i do not know everything that we have to buy, but friends of mine that went to different programs had to at least buy a stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, & opthamaloscope.  i was thinking about buying those major items that almost everybody has to buy (regardless of what program they go to) & waiting until i get an official list to buy the rest. your stethoscope & opthamaloscope are going to be your most expensive purchases, so i would keep an eye out for deals on them (or at least free shipping!).

Kmb5662 I agree with you, I was thinking about buying the same, but what type of stethoscope and opthalmoscope? I was looking around online and there seems to be a great variety and subtle differences between them. I really don't know which of these opthalmoscopes, stethoscopes etc to get, lol, does it matter?

i've heard a couple times that you should invest money in a good stethoscope & save on the opthamaloscope (unless you want to go into ENT) because you will hardly use it outside of school. most hospitals/clinics/offices have them in their offices. as far as what specific ones to get, i'm not really sure. i would do a bit of research online & see what will suit your needs and future goals. i know a lot of people like littmann stethoscopes, though.

Hey all! 

This is my first post, I just joined because I saw that Michelle created a FB group for the class of 2016! 

I interviewed for Hoftra's PA program on 9/20 and was accepted a few days later! I am definitely attending this program next Fall!

Can you please add me to the FB group Michelle? I'll send you a message as well

Congrats all! 

Hi everyone!!

Is there anyone that can tell me about this program? It's just that during our interview we did not have the opportunity to talk to any 1st or 2nd year students. In every other interview I've been to, I have talked to current students. Also, I don't know anyone in the program. If any of you know anyone from the program that has given you feedback/insight, can you please share this information? Thank you so much!

Hi everyone!!

Is there anyone that can tell me about this program? It's just that during our interview we did not have the opportunity to talk to any 1st or 2nd year students. In every other interview I've been to, I have talked to current students. Also, I don't know anyone in the program. If any of you know anyone from the program that has given you feedback/insight, can you please share this information? Thank you so much!

My friend graduated from the program last year and she didn't have anything negative to say about the program.. She described it succinctly as "amazing".... So i don't think we'll go wrong? I also heard that the staff and faculty genuinely care for each of their students and help as much as they can. Hope this helped..

I had everything submitted in early July and still haven't even heard back about the supplemental :/ I'm a bit worried because I have yet to hear back from most of the programs I've applied to so i don't really know what the delay is all about.... I feel like they would have rejected or offered me an interview by now so I don't really understand what is going on... anyone have any ideas for me??

Archived