2013-2014 Cycle

Hi Folks,

I received a rejection email from Hofstra today. This was for the current cycle. If it helps, I submitted my application to them about two weeks ago, so at least I got a pretty quick turnaround. For anybody else applying, I had all of the required prereqs but didn't have one or two of the suggested prereqs, so I'm wondering if this made a huge difference in my application.

Good luck to all of those applying!

Phil

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kareng08 -

No, they didn't give a reason why. I just checked their website again and I suspect it was because I didn't have an upper division biology class other than biochemistry. They list this is a requirement. I wanted to throw the app out just to see what happened. I'm not really surprised at this one. Also, I'm not sure if my application even made it in front of a committee because I received a response less than two weeks after submitting. The email I received might have been one of those "weed out" style rejections because I didn't have all of the prereqs necessary to send the app to committee. That's just my thought.

Hope all goes well with you.

Phil

I'm sorry to hear about that. Some programs allow you to take some of the pre-req classes after you've applied but some prefer to have them done at the latest the summer when you send out your application.

CASPA sent out my application just last week and they emailed me 2 days ago with the supplemental application.

I got an email on july 9th saying my application is under review, but i never filled out a supplemental or sent gre scores in..i never even received an email to fill out a supplemental?! i'm really confused after reading this thread

@Payald when CASPA mails your application to Hofstra, once they receive it, they will email you to let you know your application is being reviewed. That seems to be the email you have received from Hofstra. After the initial review, they may send you a subsequent email with the supplemental application. Once they have the completed supplemental, if they like what they see then they would invite you for an interview. Not every school requires applicants to take the GRE, for example, Hofstra does not require GRE scores, so they may send you a supplemental application regardless. Just hang in there, at least you know they are reviewing your candidacy.

@kw118 I called them yesterday and mentioned that I submitted the supplemental and have not heard back from them since on whether they got it. The woman on the phone was very nice and said that the person in charge of sending those emails is working on it and we should receive receipt emails soon :smile:, hopefully...waiting makes me crazy...definitely a flaw.

From looking at past year threads it seems that Hofstra starts offering interviews in September. Does anyone know if that is the standard for Hofstra? or interview invites have been sent out in August too? I know that other schools start inviting during July and August...this is my first choice so I'm a bit nervous!

Cannot find anywhere on their website whether it specifies that you do or do not need to report GRE scores? Does anyone know? My impression is that you do not have to report your scores because the GRE is not even mentioned. If anyone knows, feel free to post! Thanks!

I don't think Hofstra requires their applicants to take the GRE. I went back to look at their website, but couldn't find anything either. So I looked around Google, like on here: http://www.mypatraining.com/physician-assistant-programs-in-new-york -- says the school doesn't require it. I didn't report it. If you want to make sure for certain you can always call the school (:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived