Caspa 2013-2014

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad part is that I wasn't even offered an interview, which surprised me after being invited to Emory, George Washington, and Cornell... I guess it wasn't meant to be. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back. 

Sorry to hear, aliss929!  When did you interview?  Best of luck to you...

If I may offer some information or speculation... I interviewed last year and was rejected on 12/24 (merry Christmas.) As I understand they ended up with too many students in the class and suffered some consequence with their accreditation body; a slap on the wrist from the way it was described in their presentation. I interviewed again this year and like many I am waiting anxiously for a decision. On the one hand they are likely to be cautious this year with acceptances. On the other hand a few years ago they had a large number of students withdraw just before the program started and they had to scramble to fill seats. So it seems to me as though they are walking a delicate balance this year with acceptances and rejections. I did not get any email about my status after the interview last year as several of us have this year. I can not draw any conclusions as to what all of this means to those of us who are in limbo but perhaps it really will take until January for some of us to hear either way. It's a great program, it's going to be a tough wait! Thanks to everyone who is sharing their experience with the process, it's some small form of consolation while I wait...

If I may offer some information or speculation... I interviewed last year and was rejected on 12/24 (merry Christmas.) As I understand they ended up with too many students in the class and suffered some consequence with their accreditation body; a slap on the wrist from the way it was described in their presentation. I interviewed again this year and like many I am waiting anxiously for a decision. On the one hand they are likely to be cautious this year with acceptances. On the other hand a few years ago they had a large number of students withdraw just before the program started and they had to scramble to fill seats. So it seems to me as though they are walking a delicate balance this year with acceptances and rejections. I did not get any email about my status after the interview last year as several of us have this year. I can not draw any conclusions as to what all of this means to those of us who are in limbo but perhaps it really will take until January for some of us to hear either way. It's a great program, it's going to be a tough wait! Thanks to everyone who is sharing their experience with the process, it's some small form of consolation while I wait...

You're absolutely right, Epi1mg. I haven't heard anything back yet either, just the e-mail that a few of us seem to have received. I think that e-mail was mostly geared toward people who did not want to attend and/or made plans to attend another University. They can't scramble to fill spots and raise attrition rate if the students don't work out nor can they accept a large amount of students or they'll get in trouble with the accrediting board. They're trying to find the best fit, just like we did in applying to various schools. I think we all should try and just wait patiently from here. Hopefully we'll receive some good news!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived