1 week sick days

2 weeks vacation

$2000 professional expense allowance

health insurance, dental, vision, life, 401k

teaching hospital

will train

only procedures that PA does insert feeding tubes through nose

any advice is greatly appreciated!! thanks,

Thats in line with new grad pay at our institution in the south. We get PTO instead and get a little more. Who does procedures there? A lot of hospitals are using PAs to cover the ICU 24/7 and if you can't do lines somebody will have to.

Where is this located? Salary seems low, but it depends where you are. I second coloradopa -- who does the procedures? Residents? It seems like you should be trained to do more invasive procedures than NG tubes. Heck, I did that as a student! Also, if you ever want to switch jobs down the line I think having a comprehensive ICU procedure skill set would be valuable. Again, the rest of it seems pretty standard so it's really up to you if you'll be happy without doing procedures. (I love them, but other people don't and that's totally okay!)

Residents do the procedures :( also located in southeast.

That's not totally unusual. The issue is that its in their best interest to have you credentialed to do procedures if things get busy. Also we have had enough resident iatrogenesis that procedures have to be overseen by a PA/NP or attending. Make sure they don't want you to oversee lines and then bill for them. That's an attending thing, not legal for PAs (or NPs).

Archived