Caspa 2013-2014: Gwu

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I submitted June 6th and it was mailed June 21st.

Have any of you worked with a GW PA ?

I live in Utah and I have worked for 2 GW PAs and a GW MD.

I am thoroughly impressed with all 3 of them and would be so blessed and privileged to receive my education from GW.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently in the C/O 2015 PA program. I am just finishing up my summer semester here at GW this week (2 more finals left!). I just wanted to let you all know that I am thoroughly impressed with the students and faculty here in the program. Students are definitely first priority in this program. There are no politics or anything in the way of resources in order to get to where you need to be in the program. The professors we had this summer were more than willing to do review sessions with their students (especially the Biochem instructors!). My faculty advisor is always available and every time I walk by her office, her door is open. I do not regret my choice. Furthermore, the diversity of the student population is very impressive. There are more males, minorities, and gay/lesbian in this class than the previous classes. We have students from as far as Alaska, a lot from Oregon, some from California, a few from Virginia and North Carolina. It's definitely a good mix and I am very proud to be a part of it as a GW PA! I wish you all the best of luck throughout the application process. Trust me- I have been in your shoes. I was actually interviewed in November, heard I was waitlisted in December, and then got accepted in early January from the waitlist. The process does require time and patience. Again, I wish you all the best and may you find the program that is the right fit for you!

Pre-PA, I was interviewed and accepted into the MPH/PA program at GW last year (but ultimately didn't attend). The interview process is not different but they may group a lot of you together into a group during the day and give you a dueler as a guide so you can all ask a lot of questions. I highly suggest staying with a current student also. It was a great chance to save money and ask questions that they probably wouldn't answer in the formal sessions. Great program and everyone seemed really happy there. Good luck on your interviews!

Hey everyone! Congrats to those that have an interview in September already :) Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application? Curious about the timeline. Thanks!

I submitted my CASPA app on the 1st and it was verified on the 24. I submitted the supplemental in mid July. Hope this provides some prospective. Good luck

Archived