2013-2014 Cycle: Any Interviews?

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to those of you who have already been accepted- how exciting! Can  I ask how long it took (after DMU confirmed receipt of your CASPA application) before you heard back about acceptance? DMU confirmed they received my CASPA app. on Aug. 17th, but I haven't heard anything (good or bad) yet. 

Thank you!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all of you who were accepted, I am wondering how many of y'all said yes?! I was accepted and very impressed by the program, I still have upcoming interviews, one that I alsready cancelled at A.T. Still because of their accreditation. This school was my number one choice when I applied. Anyways i'm just seeing if ya'll were as impressed by Des Moines as much as I was or if there was a draw back to the program I missed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was very impressed by the DMU faculty and staff on interview day. They were all really nice and very informative. The interview questions are mostly to help them get a better idea of who you are and are pretty laid back. It's natural to be nervous, but just be confident, everyone there is nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed yesterday and absolutely fell in love with the program. Unfortunately, they said about 42 out of the 50 spots are already taken and many people interviewing from here on out into the cycle are for the wait list. I am trying not to get my hopes up and I am feeling really bummed that so many spots are already gone. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm also on the waitlist. I agree...I wish we had more info on where we are on the waitlist. I have a few pre-reqs I'd have to take in the spring if I was offered a seat. If I don't have much of a chance this round, I'd want to save the money for the next cycle of applications and take the classes in the summer or fall. 

I was wait listed last year and got accepted this year! So don't give up hope. The best thing you can do is contact Katie to see what was said about your interview and how you can approve (she gives great feedback) and then she told me that there was 40 people on the wait list and you get sectioned into three groups, first middle and last and then you are placed within that group so when I got my email I was told I was in the middle of the first group. Kind of confusing but just email DMU and they are so great about answering any questions.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wait listed last year and got accepted this year! So don't give up hope. The best thing you can do is contact Katie to see what was said about your interview and how you can approve (she gives great feedback) and then she told me that there was 40 people on the wait list and you get sectioned into three groups, first middle and last and then you are placed within that group so when I got my email I was told I was in the middle of the first group. Kind of confusing but just email DMU and they are so great about answering any questions.

Very good to hear. I asked for feedback and Katie said the turn around time is a few weeks at this point to get that information. Do you know when they will rank the wait list? Any info is appreciated! 

• 2 weeks later...

I read earlier in this thread that the class was full but that is not true. I just had my interview today and asked Katie about that. She said there are definitely still spots open in the class.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I don't see that in this thread. When I interviewed in December they said there were only 8 seats left though. Did they say how many were seats were still open today?

Archived