Summer of 2013: Interviews ?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be a silly question but...... what if we do not have a connection to the specific areas listed? I am relatively new to the area and haven't lived in any of those counties. Do you think we need to apply for the grant? I don't want it to look bad if I do not complete the supplemental but I also do not want to make something up... any advice??

This might be a silly question but...... what if we do not have a connection to the specific areas listed? I am relatively new to the area and haven't lived in any of those counties. Do you think we need to apply for the grant? I don't want it to look bad if I do not complete the supplemental but I also do not want to make something up... any advice??

It says "if you think you would be interested" so it sounds pretty optional to me.

I don't think it will effect your application at all. However I'm also interested in this scholarship award but don't have ties to those areas of California or Hawaii. Any suggestions? Who's applying to it and who decided not to? Thanks! 

I don't think it will effect your application at all. However I'm also interested in this scholarship award but don't have ties to those areas of California or Hawaii. Any suggestions? Who's applying to it and who decided not to? Thanks! 

I don't think I'm going to apply because the SMU Grant FAQ email which they sent later said "Our proposal was to give those scholarships to students from specific target regions who demonstrate an interest in primary care in the target area after graduation."

So it kinda sounds like it will be highly unlikely to get the scholarship without coming from/having a very close tie to one of these areas and I don't want to make stuff up that isn't true. :/

Good point Remster.

The thing I found strange about this whole thing though is why would they put out this scholarship application before they even start inviting people for interviews. Especially if they state that it in no way has any impact on the application process. Just seems like more work on both sides.

Archived