January 2014 start here

Hello to all who apply to UPitt., let us start a thread here and share informations regarding all the processes of Application, interview, acceptance, housing, etc . I have an interview for August 22. Anyone having interview on that day?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you marru, same to you. When looking for hotels, remember that the PA program (and interview) is not at the main campus in the city. Look in Harmarville. If you take the address that they provide in the offer for interview e-mail and punch it in to Google Maps, it will show Rt. 28 etc. Harmarville is the closest area and the hotels are within minutes. If my memory serves me correctly, there are at least a few hotels on Freeport Rd, which you will find just a little south of the interview location. Hope this helps!

Don

Thank you very much Donandjeanine. I appreciate your help.

tunafish, am flying from South,too. I don't know much about the program other than the one I read on their website. However, U Pitt. is well known in its reputation of high standard of teaching medical professionals and center for medical and health related research in the local news and arround the world. Isn't driving more expensive and tiresome than buying flight ticket online,Tunafish?

Hi Natasha,

I am coming in from Havre de Grace, MD, a little north of Baltimore, but I have lived in the Pittsburgh area for nearly my entire life (with the exception of the last few years). I still have a home and some family in the Clarion area, so I know the area well. I have transported my fair share of patients to the Erie hospitals! I look forward to meeting you!

Don

Hi Everyone! I am interviewing on Thursday as well! I am extremely excited but also nervous! Don, I saw that you have family in the Clarion area...I graduated from Clarion! I love it there!

Hoping that everyone can find time to relax while using these last few days of prep!

I feel like I'm a strong candidate, that being said, I'm not sure if they value experience more than academics. I have a 3.35 oGPA, 3.45 sGPA, 320 GRE, 15 yrs as a paramedic, including flight medic, good LOR's and I feel like a compelling personal statement. I'm a bit low on the GPA's but I would think the GRE and 40k+ hrs of HCE would overcome the GPA, if they value experience. I just added Pitt on thursday so I am guessing they aren't going to get it till next week, but I was curious on how long it might take them to review it. Thanks.

Hey, Mbal,

You are not alone buddy. Last year I applied to 6 programs, got three interviews, but got rejection from all. I know it is tough and very challenging. But, I am very confident and I will get in to one program. Don't be pessimistic . think positive, try to apply to more programs, so that you can have more options, unless you have financial problems... There are many applicants who are in the same boat like you and me.

Archived