2013-2014 App Cycle for Cornell

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, you can always call the program to find out more info on the interview day though. I interviewed in September, what info were you looking for? You can also personal message me if you want.  Not 100% sure on the times i quoted below but this was my experience. Hope this helps.

Process: 

8am- Arrive to program office and write a response to a prompt

9am- Meet and Greet staff and current students/intro to Cornell

930am-2pm: Depending on the group you are placed in you will cycle through 1) a group interview (with 10 other people) run by the current students. 2) 2 Individual Interviews (1:1) with a current staff member and 3) Q & A session with current students. 

3pm: Wrap up and tour medical college campus with staff and students. 

Breakfast and Lunch are provided by the school and there is a good amount of time to meet with other prospective students and staff members. Very relaxed environment. Enjoy!

I called and asked if they had filled their seats for the upcoming class. The person I spoke to said they had and to check the website in January. I didn't inquire any further because I didn't want to give my info. I suppose she misunderstood my question because her answer wasn't clear to me. But since then I figured I was rejected.

Cornell doesn't give out grants... you will be given enough loans to last you a lifetime through Cornell and FASFA. No one in class is struggling to afford food. Though it is not a cheap program the tuition is actually one of the lowest in the state. Many in the class have loans from undergrad and are receiving Grad Plus and regular Grad loans. Congrats on the acceptance! You will accumulate debt anywhere, don't think too much about that cause its super scary (but you will manage just fine after graduation). Think about the opportunity you will have in the amazing hospitals and the city and if you feel like a surgical PA program feels like the right place for you. 

km0cq thank you so much for the information! I actually have been a little concerned about loans in general, but I do agree that Cornell is definitely one of the more affordable PA programs in terms of tuition.  I am definitely set on Cornell for its many amenities and am excited to begin. Thank you again!

Archived