2013-2014 App Cycle for Cornell

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just received mine too! does anybody know how selective they are in giving out supplemental applications? i'm trying to gauge the likelihood of geting an interview/accepted since i ahven't heard from other schools yet. But i think this may be early? any input would be great!

They say they only give out to the "most competitive" applicants, but it does not say more than that. The interview 'selection' uses the same phrasing too. Unfortunately I don't know any stats behind this, and I went to an info session and they didn't say many specifics about numbers there either. I hope this helps, and congrats! :)

How many people have received the supplemental yet ? Every time my phone give me the "email" notification I quickly look and check to see if any PA updates are coming in. I am so nervous/excited. I wish you all luck, and look forward to Cornell sending me a supplemental.

I was going through my stuff from the information session and I actually did write down what they said about numbers. They receive close to 1000 apps, send the secondary to 200-300, interview 100-120, accept 46 and yield 32. Also, their interview cycle went pretty late last year so I wouldn't give up hope if you haven't received a secondary. I sent my supp in over a week ago and haven't heard back so they're probably just processing a lot of applications right now.

Hey guys! I am currently waiting on getting accepted for the secondary applications as well. Some schools will send out the secondary application after the deadline date. I don't know if this is the case for Cornell or not. Of course this is just the first step, if anyone receives any notice please let me know!

I received an email stating they have just received my application and have begun to review- I submitted it in the first week of July. Very likely that they are receiving an overflow of applications and as the applications come in, they will send our supplemental accordingly.

I hope that fed ex got my application where it needed to go, when it needed to be there, how stressful.

Fed ex called me the day before the deadline asking me to verify the address???? I paid them way to much money to not get it there haha.

Archived