Anyone Applied this cycle

Has anyone received any updates so far from the admissions committee for FALL 2014 class? I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying "after initial review the admissions committee has opted to continue to review my application for Fall 2014 class" but I was wondering if anyone else got new updates since they received this email....thanks! :)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applied early July and got an email stating that my application was complete but nothing about "opted to continue review...".

I called an admissions counselor today and asked why I haven't gotten an email about this like other people have and she said "That is their status, not your status. Your status is complete, eligible for interview." I really have no idea what any of this means....

anywhere hear anything from this school? I forget when they said II's are sent out.

Question 12: How and when will I know if I've been invited for an interview?

Interviews are held in late January and various dates in February. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by email late November through early February.

I've interviewed with Western before and I didn't think their interview process was "harsh". They just want to get to know you and go over stuff on your app.  BUT...i WAS granted a interview when i had no healthcare experience, but I WAS NOT granted one once I did have experience.  That was upsetting since the whole reason I gained direct-patient contact hours was to improve my chances of getting into their program.  With that said...I'm trying again this year! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Me too! What dates were you offered? Very exciting! Was not expecting to hear so early. Good luck to everyone!

Remster, I was offered Jan 15th and 16th. My bestfriend who also got an invitation was given the same dates.

If anyone has any helpful advice regarding the interview, I am all ears. Good luck everyone!

Howdy y'all, Just received my first interview invite for the season. Jan 15/16, definitely excited.

Anyone know the percentage of admission if one received an interview? Tips for the interview would be appreciated

Btw i'ma a non-Cali resident

For class entering August 2013 there were 353 interviews for 98 seats.

Archived