looking for rotations in nyc

Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in NYC offers a lot of different clinical rotations to visiting PA students. When I applied the options listed on the application were:

Medicine electives:

1. Medical Hematology/Oncology (GI Oncology/Leukemia)

2. Cardiology Service

3. Urgent Care Clinic (UCC)

4. Bone Marrow Transplant

5. ICU Critical Care

Surgical electives:

1. Breast Surgery

2. Head & Neck Surgery

3. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

4. Colorectal Surgery

5. Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery

6. Thoracic Surgery

7. Gastric & Mixed Tumor Surgery

8. Neurosurgery Dept.

9. Urologic Surgery

10. Gynecologic Surgery

11. PACU (Post Anesthesia Care Unit)

I'm not sure if your school would need permission from ARC-PA to approve this rotation individually beforehand. My school sent students to MSKCC a couple of years before my class and continues to send them so I never had to deal with that part of it. The student coordinator there is Judi Ellen at ellenj@mskcc.org. I'm sure she can send you all the necessary application forms if you're interested.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Painpa100
      I’m a pain management PA with 4+ years experience in interventional pain private practices. Currently in the process of opening my Pain Practice in New York City area. 

Looking for Supervising Physician for the practice. Will also receive percent ownership in practice and can perform the neuro-axial procedures if desired. I’m open to various arrangements, depending on what physician prefers.
      Please message if interested to associate and collaborate.
    • By Jminugh
      Did anyone study some type of resource in advance for their ER rotation during clinical year? If so, what book/resource did you use? I have it as my first rotation and I am extremely interested in doing ER in the future so I definitely want to impress. Any tips would be great!
    • By karenlzrg
      Hey everyone!
      What are some VERY supportive comfortable business casual flats or loafers you have worn or heard that are great for rotations? Thank you! 🙂
    • By PAgirl199
      Hi everyone!
      I am currently a PA-S1 in my second semester, starting clinical rotations in the fall. My program offers 8 core rotations: EM, Family med, Internal med, surgery, Peds, OB/GYN, Geriatric meds, and behavioral health with only one elective. Popular electives include: any surgery subspecialty (cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, etc.), cardiology, psychiatry, orthopedics... and more.
      I was wondering if anyone had advice on picking an elective since there are many of these sub specialties I would love to gain experience in! if you faced a similar scenario, what helped you with making this decision, or does any one have insight on what may be best for post-grad life? 
      Thanks! 
    • By ccorsale
      Hi there! 
      I am looking to relocate to the Western NY region (most likely Buffalo) after graduation and was hoping to work out some rotations in the area. I am not yet back on rotations given the circumstances, but figured I would start to look for something.
      Thanks!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More