Application Time Frame Question

I got all of my application components complete and mailed to UF. CASPA mailed it mid-June, I paid for and submitted my supplemental application about a week and a half ago. Any idea on how long until I hear from UF in regard to receiving any of the material? When I check the status of my supplemental app it still says I do not have an active application for a future term. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

The apps are rolling in this time of year, so it might take a bit for them to work through the mailings. Oh and just want to make sure, you did mail the supplemental application summary?

To make the wait even more frustrating, the UF mail system can be very slow, so don't fret. You will get that email very soon!

I've gathered that the first invites start going out in the third and fourth week of June. The first interview session is in late August.

Hang on and good luck!

GC

[h=3]Hey bud, this is directly from the website. I would not stress too much you have plenty of time. Mail it in to where you can receive receipt of its arrival. They will email you that all items were received but it will take them awhile because of the volume of applicants. University of Florida Supplemental Application[/h]An on-line application to the University of Florida, including a residency affidavit, must be completed immediately following submission of the CASPA application. The University of Florida supplemental application link is http://www.admissions.ufl.edu. Click the “Apply on line” tab. BE SURE TO CHOOSE “Professional Schools,” then “Create a New User Account.” Follow instructions for creating your user ID and password, and complete all sections — in section 2 (Degree Programs), choose “Summer B (June) 2014″ and “Medicine – Physician Assistant Program.” Re-applicants must complete a new application and pay the $30 application fee again. After paying the fee and submitting the application, all applicants should print out the application summary — keep a copy for your records and SEND A COPY to the UF School of Physician Assistant Studies, PO Box 100176, Gainesville, FL 32610-0176.

Did you mean 3rd/4th week of July for first invites?

Be sure ro follow the directions that paramedic listed. Two common mistakes =failure to do supplemental as Professional school and failure to print and mail. In the past this wouldnt prevent you from getting an intervieq but who knows with the volume of apps that are received. best bet is to enaure it is done correctly. But dont sweat it!

Thanks Woodsters and Medic for picking up my slack. :)

Yeah...I apparently don't know what month it is anymore.

Yes, invites will probably begin at the end of this month, July, the month that comes after the fireworks. I know it's easier said than done, but don't freak out if you don't immediately hear something, people are invited, interviewed, and offered spots throughout the fall.

BTW, this is all very worth it, keep pushing. The program is awesome and the education is without compare. Going to a school at a large medical school shows in every aspect. I could go on and on...

Hey guys, I received an interview offer today for August 26th and 27th. I'm pretty excited! FYI, I dropped my CASPA right away.....late April and completed my online supplemental right after. Also, I never printed and mailed the supplemental. Hope this helps.

I can't remember if I sent my resume or if I brought it to my interview.

However, I'd definitely get it to the school. The way I see/saw it, CASPA printouts can be very tough to read and the easier you make it for the AdCom to see your qualifications, the easier it will be for them to accept you into the program. Furthermore, a resume allows you to highlight things in your background that get lost in the CASPA app.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick question/concern: my plan is to submit everything by September 1st, is that too late? The deadline is October 1, so I thought I was doing okay to shoot for a month early, but after investigation, I'm feeling a bit (or very) insecure about that choice.

What do y'all think? Have I just shot myself in the foot here?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived