Classes starting Fall 2014

I think it's their policy to always give applicants some constructive feedback on how they can improve their application. If that's what they told him, it probably means he was fairly solid all around and that's just the best option for him to become an even better candidate. I would say both you and him have decent odds at getting pulled off the wait-list if that was their biggest criticism.

To anyone interviewing here in the future, I would recommend you NOT stay at Guesthouse Inn on Lovell Rd. I made the mistake of not checking Google reviews first and ended up with a room that was half-functional in so many ways (including no hot water in the shower).

Also, you should also take what other interviewees tell you with a grain of salt. He might have had "3500 hours of health care experience!"...running tools through an autoclave.  People, justifiably, want to talk themselves up for interviews.

If if makes you feel any better, I didn't have anywhere near 1000 hours of HCE when I was accepted.

And I would also suggest not staying at Days Inn. I didn't know any better when I booked my room, and when I showed up, the health department had shut it down. Just don't do it.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Shannon!  I got accepted as well yesterday!! Cannot wait to meet everyone else in our class!

Thank youu and congratulations to you as well! 

Shannon, where were your stats, (if you don't mind me asking)

Not at all! 3.6 GPA undergrad, degree in biology. 300 total on GRE,  worked a year as an emergency department technician while in college and currently working as a medical assistant in a dermatology office. Also id say about 30 hours of shadowing different PAs. 

I know that there hasn't been much posted lately but I was wondering if there is anyone who knows how many spots are left for this Fall's class? It has been radio silence on my end and I have sent a couple of updates but have not heard from the program. I am sure they are busy with the large amount of applications that they get but it is hard waiting not knowing interview dates or how many spots remain...

I have not heard anything yet. VlSmith, I am in the same boat as you.  I asked Jessica yesterday what the update is and I keep getting the same standard reply ...

"Faculty file reviews have begun & interviews will be scheduled January 2014 – May 2014.Those applicants selected will be notified 2-4 weeks before the interview date. Interviewed candidates will be told at the interview whether or not they have been accepted. I will be notifying the remainder of applicants who were not selected for interview once we end the interview cycle (May 2014).

Best wishes,"  Every month I keep inquiring and I get this message.  I hope there are still seats open and we get interviews soon.  Keep the faith.

I interviewed in May last year, and didn't receive my invitation until early May. I believe there was supposed to be an interview session this year on April 11th. I may be remembering incorrectly, but that date comes to mind.

Also, I interviewed again in February this year and was waitlisted. I got the call a few nights ago that I had been pulled from the waitlist, so I guess the lesson is to never lose hope. I know the whole process is daunting and feels like there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. If you keep at it, that light will shine sooner or later.

Archived