Classes starting Fall 2014

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vlsmith,

I am worried about that too.  I submitted on July 9th.  I received a confirmation email shortly after that.  I have not heard a thing since. If they are doing that I would like to know if I have been completely eliminated.  I am about to finish up a class and will be submitting the transcript.  Maybe I will use that as a reason to contact them and inquire about my app.  I certainly do not want to be calling and just bugging them either.

vlsmith,

I am worried about that too. I submitted on July 9th. I received a confirmation email shortly after that. I have not heard a thing since. If they are doing that I would like to know if I have been completely eliminated. I am about to finish up a class and will be submitting the transcript. Maybe I will use that as a reason to contact them and inquire about my app. I certainly do not want to be calling and just bugging them either.

Yeah, I just sent a letter of update kind of for the same reason. Hopefully it'll get me an interview.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I just got an interview invite for March 7th.  Does anyone know of hotels close by that offer discounts for South students?  Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Go to hotels.com and type in the school's address for what you want to be near. Just about every chain has something nearby.

TO ALL OF THOSE INTERVIEWING FEBRUARY 14th

We have a huge winter storm expected to hit Knoxville tomorrow with anywhere from traces amounts of snow to several inches. It's already hit Atlanta to the south of us. Knoxvillians aren't good with snow or prepared to deal with large amounts of it. Thought you all deserved the warning!!!

Interviewed today. I think it went well. I am wait-listed. Rumor has it they only accepted 2 people of the 25 of us that interviewed today. Another rumor says that including today, they have only accepted 20 at the most, and that this trend of only accepting a low number will continue into the next interview sessions. If true, then they will be end up pulling half of the class from the wait list.

I wish the rest of you good luck. And RELAX!!! They were great to interview with. I had an amazing experience and definitely have South at the top of my preference list to attend!!!

Interviewed today. I think it went well. I am wait-listed. Rumor has it they only accepted 2 people of the 25 of us that interviewed today. Another rumor says that including today, they have only accepted 20 at the most, and that this trend of only accepting a low number will continue into the next interview sessions. If true, then they will be end up pulling half of the class from the wait list.

I wish the rest of you good luck. And RELAX!!! They were great to interview with. I had an amazing experience and definitely have South at the top of my preference list to attend!!!

That was the same for me, when I interviewed there in January. When I spoke to a group of 10 applicants, they all said they were waitlisted. I only knew of one applicant who was accepted. I thought my interview went really well, and they said it was really great as well. Still, they said I didn't have enough patient care hours ( I had about 1000), and they insisted I work on that. I was sitting in a cab with another applicant who got waitlisted. He had 3500 hours, but they said he didnt have enough hours and needed to work on that. So I'm not really sure what they're looking for, but hopefully we'll know soon..

Is their last interview date in March or April? Does anyone know?

He had 3500 hours, but they said he didnt have enough hours and needed to work on that. So I'm not really sure what they're looking for, but hopefully we'll know soon..

I think it's their policy to always give applicants some constructive feedback on how they can improve their application. If that's what they told him, it probably means he was fairly solid all around and that's just the best option for him to become an even better candidate. I would say both you and him have decent odds at getting pulled off the wait-list if that was their biggest criticism.

To anyone interviewing here in the future, I would recommend you NOT stay at Guesthouse Inn on Lovell Rd. I made the mistake of not checking Google reviews first and ended up with a room that was half-functional in so many ways (including no hot water in the shower).

Hello,

I was wondering if I could maybe get some insight from others. I submitted my CASPA and Supplemental Application in early December 2013, but did not submit my GRE electronically until Feb 5 of this year. I have not received an email acknowledging the receipt of my materials yet. Is it normal to take this long to receive confirmation?

Thanks!

Good luck to you guys! I am a second year student at South, feel free to ask questions on this board. There are a few of us on here that will answer questions as we see them. You won't start interviewing at South until Jan/Feb, so it will be quite a long wait! Again, GOOD LUC

I would like to get some advice on writing the personal statement. I am typically a great writer, but finding this to be very difficult. I'm just not sure as to how to start it off. I have researched for hours on this topic and am finding most schools prefer it to be less "professional" and more conversational. I know to write about why I want to become a PA, but I don't have one single life changing experience that has influenced my decision, I have many small ones that have been planted along the way to get to this point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Archived